How to write a proper join request.

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

How to write a proper join request.

Postby Shadow7168 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I have been seeing too many people making threads looking for a village that look something like "cn i join vllage plz snd me ur HS"

There are a few general guidelines when trying to join a village:
1: Actually use proper spelling and grammar. Probably the most important thing to avoid looking like a annoying 11 year old.
2: Divide your request into smaller parts. People don't like reading giant walls of text.
3: Give information. What if you want to join only a new village, or if the village has to have access to metal?
4: You NEED to give your timezone, experience(don't lie, people can tell), and any other information so people can decide if they want you in their village
5: Actually tell them to contact you via PM. Most village leaders won't say much about their village on threads.
6: Don't flame people on your thread. It just makes you look bad.
7: DO NOT EVER EVER EVER ASK/GIVE A HS. EVER.

I hope this helps some people get into villages, as quite a few villages that recruit from the forums have pretty high standards, and unless you present yourself decently, you have basically no chance of joining a good village that will last for more than a month.
Last edited by Shadow7168 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Re: How to write a proper join request.

Postby rozn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 am

Can I also add that you should not just write 1 sentence or 2? Don't just say I want people to join.

Bad example: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18190

Good example: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18196
Certainly, in taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior; for it is a prince’s part to pardon. - A wise friend.
rozn

Postby drinktheevil » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:05 pm

goodyman8 wrote:did it as you stated.
hopefully its quite better then the previous one i made o.o

Fail
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Chemistry is good when you make love with it. Chemistry is bad when you make crack with it.
-Adam Sandler
In grade school I was smart, but I didn't have any friends. In high school, I quit being smart and started having friends.
-David Spade
drinktheevil

Postby Wisp » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:31 am

Is there any way to get this in big flashing letters?
Jackard wrote:GREETINGS INTERNET FRIEND

WE HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE, BUT WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN MY UNSECRET SERVICE WHICH LACKS EVEN A COMMON PURPOSE? I HEAR SPIES GET LOTS OF ADVENTURE FOLLOWED BY HOT SEX.

PLEASE LIST YOUR CREDENTIALS IF SO. I WILL SEE WHETHER I CAN WORK YOU INTO MY ARBITRARY HIERARCHY.
Wisp

Postby Shadow7168 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 am

Wisp wrote:Is there any way to get this in big flashing letters?

Even though it is pinned already, i'll try...

1: Actually use proper spelling and grammar. Probably the most important thing to avoid looking like a annoying 11 year old.
2: Divide your request into smaller parts. People don't like reading giant walls of text.
3: Give information. What if you want to join only a new village, or if the village has to have access to metal?
4: You NEED to give your timezone, experience(don't lie, people can tell), and any other information so people can decide if they want you in their village
5: Actually tell them to contact you via PM. Most village leaders won't say much about their village on threads.
6: Don't flame people on your thread. It just makes you look bad.
7: DO NOT EVER EVER EVER ASK/GIVE A HS. EVER.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Leny-m » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Don't expect people to let/warp you in immediately after you apply.

Expect living outside the walls for a while before you will be let in or rejected.

Also not every village can risk giving you coords so expect to be kept in dark until you earn their trust enough to be given the coords.
Image Image Image Image Image
Leny
Leny-m

Postby ViciousGamer04 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:24 am

You do realize this is an online game, right? They're not applying for a job. Zzz. Pretty sure they can conduct themselves any way they want. I am sure if they follow some of your steps though they might yield better results, though.
Already Suggested H&H Ideas can be found, here!
Basic "How Do I" questions on H&H can be found, here!
ViciousGamer04

Return to Dwarves & Thieves