Looking for Hermits

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Looking for Hermits

Postby Shadow7168 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:45 am

Alright, so I've started playing again, and decided to go be an anti-social hermit for once. Problem is, there aren't too many neighbors, at least ones that are very close. So, I'm looking for other people who want a bit of socialization, don't care if you're new or a grizzled veteran, but no village idol so I won't be able to port in existing characters.

What is there to offer? There's a few abandoned places that should be pretty nice to start out in, and plenty of space if you feel like starting from scratch.

There's two small palisaded plots I'll give the keys to, and also a few very decayed villages (Just paving, but hey, it's something)

So, if anyone's interested, send me a PM and we'll get talking.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Re: Looking for Hermits

Postby DougRatmen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Hullo fine sire, brand new player here, info below!

Timezone: UTC (Central Time Zone)
Experience: Thinks ants are friendly (I'm a newbie)
Time available: Almost no-lifer, free most of the day/night
Language: English

(I'm new to this forum and to the game, so, I will need someone to point me in the right direction)

So, uh, PM me and lets talk?
W8 - Hermit
W9 - Ranger of Bleakwater > Lawspeaker of Meadhaus
W10 - Knights who say Ni founder > 404 > Rattenschlob >Lawspeaker of LT > Solaire > Lategame Hermit
W11 - Knights Solaire founder
DougRatmen

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 am

Why don't both of you join End Brodgar?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Shadow7168 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:59 am

Yeah, I was thinking about it, but I haven't really hermited before and I've started to get a decent set-up. No offense to Broadgar, I've always liked the concept (too bad it always tends to end poorly) but I've tried it already.

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Shadow7168 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Alright, think it's time for a little update concerning what's next for us. We've got a few people living around the area now, and I've started work on a few communal areas. Just because we're hermiting doesn't mean we can't be sociable :p

So far, I've botted a road to the mudflats about 4 minimaps away for quicker foraging and brick transport. My plans with the roads is that they'll connect most of our places together. Two other things will be a central common area for trading and to help get newly joined people on their feet, and finally a few "boat sheds" for people who don't like living right next to the rivers.

That's it for now, just letting people know we're still happy to have a few more people around.

Shadow7168

Postby Krusac » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Hey, I was just wondering about how you're doing now! :D Your plan seems interesting, and I'd like to try out living there
Krusac

Postby Myrrmidonna » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Oh, a like-minded person? Hello! :)

I've just decided to come back to HnH for a bit of a warmup before the 21st Aug release. I'm a peaceful hermit at heart (or simply too anal about things like neat crop field shapes and what goes to which crate to actually live with anyone :P ) but I do enjoy the coop pve playstyle a lot. A neighbourhood of friendly, cooperating, but independent hermitrages is the dream enviroment for me.

Is there still a place around for another settler? Please, PM me if there is, I'd love to join :)
Myrrmidonna

Return to Dwarves & Thieves