Looking for a group to play with

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Looking for a group to play with

Postby DreadedEntity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:06 am

Hello,

I am looking for a group of pretty active hearthlings to play with. I'd much prefer a group large enough that we have 1-5 people on at any hour, or at least the times I'm on. However, I specifically don't want to join a group that is so large village politics plays a part. I just want to play, not experience a sociology lesson on large group dynamics first-hand (leave your drama on your side of the computer, don't be a dick to other villagers). I also want the group to have some kind of VoIP server (NOT SKYPE) such as teamspeak, ventrilo, etc., and have a good number of villagers active in it.

I played h&h for a couple of months about a year ago in W6, I've been wanting to get back into it ever since I stopped logging in daily. My problem is that I had gathered a couple of other new guys and we planned to build a small village together, but they rather quickly quit the game (or appeared to) and, frankly, I get super bored when I'm alone. Like I said, I haven't played in over a year (or more, not sure) so I'm really rusty on the things that I did actually know about. I have been reading the wiki for the past few hours though and things are coming back to me easily and quickly.

I'm not really sure what my preferred playstyle is, back when I played I was alone so after I built my house and some cupboards, I spent most of my time farming and fishing (and of course studying curiosities) just trying not to die from starvation. I sort of enjoyed raising my crops quality levels, but farming isn't something that you really sit and do for hours on end (unless you're basically just starting a farm from nothing). I wanted to try out mining but I never got a chance to, and now from what I've been reading, it seems to have gotten a little more complicated with cave-ins and such, still sounds like something I could do.

About me:
  • I live in GMT -5:00 (US Eastern Time Zone).
  • I work and have classes, but I had a lot of free time this week, so if this becomes standard I will have a lot of free time again provided the professors don't overload us with homework.
  • I have a high quality microphone and prefer some kind of VoIP communication (typing really doesn't cut it, nor is it as effective in building relationships). Teamspeak would be best as I already have it installed, but I am familiar with vent and mumble.
  • I even have a teamspeak server already hosted that could be used. (32 max slots)

I hope I can get started with a group soon, I'm excited.
DreadedEntity

Re: Looking for a group to play with

Postby SiegrainT » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:21 am

Are you looking for a group for the new haven or W7?
SiegrainT

Postby DreadedEntity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:13 am

SiegrainT wrote:Are you looking for a group for the new haven or W7?

Probably the new haven...h&h2? I just downloaded Ender's client again and logged in and I was pretty surprised to find that my character isn't dead, crops are all still there and grown, crates not broken, even my plow is still there. The only things gone are my 2 timber houses (I don't even remember what riches were stored inside)
DreadedEntity

Postby SiegrainT » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:38 am

Well, if you're looking for a group for h&h2, my friend and I are trying to get people together just to learn and enjoy the game, no politics or factions, if you're interested, we would be glad to have you on board!
SiegrainT

Postby CSPAN » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Ive been playing on w7 for a month now, played a lot in w4. Have a little village if you want to come kick it for the next week. (or more if they push release back another week or two)
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby DreadedEntity » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:40 am

SiegrainT wrote:Well, if you're looking for a group for h&h2, my friend and I are trying to get people together just to learn and enjoy the game, no politics or factions, if you're interested, we would be glad to have you on board!

Definitely interested! I don't really know much anymore, but I'm a bit of a wiki troll (I like to spend hours reading wiki's before I even play a game for the first time, reading about what every little thing does). I saw the trailer for HH2 and the graphics updates look amazing. What other changes are coming though?

CSPAN wrote:Ive been playing on w7 for a month now, played a lot in w4. Have a little village if you want to come kick it for the next week. (or more if they push release back another week or two)

Yes definitely! Not sure if you need anything that I have but I am willing to make trips back and forth to merge my things with yours.
DreadedEntity

Postby SiegrainT » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 am

Most of the changes they haven't announced yet, I know there'll be changes in the way we'll traverse the world and mining is changing too, but apart from that, I'm not sure.
By the way, what's your preferred method of communication?
SiegrainT

Return to Dwarves & Thieves