Alone....

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Alone....

Postby alex100ttg » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 pm

I found that the world is quite lonely, I don't seem to find anyone at all even though the thing says there are 90 people on.. I would stroll for hours not finding anyone.. and then die xD I was hoping if anyone would like to team up, or else I join an already existing village. I am kinda new and wanted to learn before Haven and Hearth 2 comes out as ... well people will probably be brutal on there.
alex100ttg

Re: Alone....

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 pm

The world is immense, you most likely have never played a video game with a world even remotely close to the size of haven's. About the only one I can think that comes close is The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall.

(Even when a new world launches and there are like 1500 people on you aren't going to run into people anywhere near as often as you would think.)

This is the Haven map. Zoom with your mouse wheel down until you find a town or mountain, then zoom back out and you'll be getting an idea of the scale.

http://sabinati.com/HavenMap/
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby cpt1silencer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:32 am

painhertz wrote:The world is immense, you most likely have never played a video game with a world even remotely close to the size of haven's. About the only one I can think that comes close is The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall.

(Even when a new world launches and there are like 1500 people on you aren't going to run into people anywhere near as often as you would think.)

This is the Haven map. Zoom with your mouse wheel down until you find a town or mountain, then zoom back out and you'll be getting an idea of the scale.

took me 10mins to find myself on the map, lucky the clay biome near me is such a unique shape. sadly it doesn't seem to be updated, 1/2 the abandoned houses in the area don't show up.
This game really needs a great sword...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
cpt1silencer

Postby painhertz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:35 am

cpt1silencer wrote:
painhertz wrote:The world is immense, you most likely have never played a video game with a world even remotely close to the size of haven's. About the only one I can think that comes close is The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall.

took me 10mins to find myself on the map, lucky the clay biome near me is such a unique shape. sadly it doesn't seem to be updated, 1/2 the abandoned houses in the area don't show up.

i'd be willing to bet updating stopped happening within a year or less of world start and the world is 2 years 2 months old.
painhertz

Postby alex100ttg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:52 pm

well nether the less, It would still be nice to play with someone as the game well... I dunno, I found it kind of confusing and having a more experianced player guide me would be amazing.
alex100ttg

Postby painhertz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm

alex100ttg wrote:well nether the less, It would still be nice to play with someone as the game well... I dunno, I found it kind of confusing and having a more experianced player guide me would be amazing.

Get ported into Emerald City.....
painhertz

Postby CSPAN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Come kick it in me upper-midd-noob village.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Return to Dwarves & Thieves