DevStream 2021-12-20, 20:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: DevStream 2021-12-20, 20:00 UTC

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:47 am

shubla wrote:
Willberfollower wrote:I love the uneasiness when you talk to another player and you have to use your own judgement whether to trust them. .

99% of pvp encounters are just instant aggros and 2 secs and you're KO'd. Romantic picture like that is not the reality.

Bro, tbh, I am pretty confident you can run away from 99% conflicts just with naked alt with forager credo and bucket of water... That's what you need.

Avoiding PvP in this game is so easy, but people don't know, don't want to learn
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:14 am

I think you're being unrealistic. You don't need forager verse anybody except the top 1%.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:45 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Avoiding PvP in this game is so easy forager credo and bucket of water

Yea bloody noobs should quit this game
¦]
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby maze » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:08 am

useless banter
Using my experiences of this world and the CoS group- fighting happened in our area very often and was very one sided.
It was mostly Ozzy, or korean murder pirates who went around the water ways aggroing any noob they saw and normally killing them out right.
The stats were one problem, the skills another. Most "hunters" spam QB what allows for real fighters to use Meditate tricks.

Snekkja's became useable in our area. taking one out meant death. You'll be out sped, and have your boat sunk while your stilling wondering what hit you.
This was many deaths in our area during pvp. People started to catch on to just use wagons in our area and I think our area was pretty fun in that everyone was using wagons and bumping into eachother. Kinda wish we had landmass and less rivers in some areas now.

My own village's experienced hardcore grief to stop our mining production. we had to move it a few times.
a group of players got into our mines then setup watcher bots to look for new palis, mineholes, maybe a few other things.
This went on for weeks and it was impossible to counterplay, I made a suggestion to help fix the problem (https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=71243)
This became pvp in our mines and break minesupports all over the fking place.

I think the experiences and true fuckery of conflict can differ greatly. one effecting players and another a village.
Most village counter play is just building shit or destroying shit around the village.

Regardless of state, stats or village, inexperience's players die normally and there is no real way to understand pvp unless you put yourself thought a gauntlet of pvp and even then you wont understand pvp.
It's why I press community vs player progression so much; in a community progression world the only commitment would be equipment~ allows more players to experienced pvp without to much worry.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:55 am

Not sure if it's worth changing the whole game when the issue is that nobody is able to learn combat. Could "just" make it more straight forward, there was a good thread in C&I regarding the shitty combat ui and also make it easier to meet people, this alone should give a lot more people the opportunity to learn (from other people), and then also rework npcs you fight to behave more like pvp encounters at least make them use the same skills and make encounters outskillable (like kiting trolls for example). The reward should be that you don't take (much) dmg if you do it right and that it goes reasonably fast so that you are indifferent to looking for a good spot to cheese the animal. And not that you have to tank them because they always outrun you and kill you if you fuck up sligthly (bear rage, troll cave in)and they destroy your gear so you'd rather have to cheese them and avoid all mechanics. I always was in good spirit regarding the development of the game and Jorbtar seem like really good guys but hearing them talk about running, meta decks and stats/food system made me lose hope.
If think it's ok that they don't play the game as much, imo they don't have to but the way they talk means they don't even observe anything.
Jorb thinks meta decks are one color although the most basic combat decks are red/blue and yellow/ green or something since years.
loftar doesn't know running mechanics but looks like whatever they blindly put together there works well so we just have to make them stop considering fucking it up.
they talk about making stats less relevant although the major issue is that nobody know's how to gain stats just using the game itself because of the absurd food system while stats are already relatively irrelevant.

I realise there might be things in their way so that they can't just go around and observe pvp or any situations ingame especially not in a way that they know what/ how much openings people have without anyone knowing they watch or something. I really don't know what the best way is to get an idea for them.
The whole thing just showed me to take the game as is, don't give a fuck where it's going and just have fun as long as it lasts which might be healthy honestly xd

Anyway, merry Christmas guys and sorry for maybe harsh words in those days but I cba censoring myself.
Pommfritz

Postby maze » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:30 am

@Pommfritz even past the pvp aspects of the game, the game is very tedious and very much the need to expand to infinite.
Not ideal but have a giant farm to feed a single person; have ton of animals have tons of cheese; having to eat so much is very tedious and I'm not sure how people find it any fun anymore~ the food system is broken. (many agree with me on that point atlest)

Again take all the stats and view them for their basic components, they don't do very much other then act caps and you use time and effort to expand those caps.
The gameplay loops around it is just waiting for bars to lower to stuff your face or waiting for curios to pop to push the cap up a little more.
The reason I push the community progression over player progression is there; we dont want more things to work on for our characters, we want more things to do ingame.
More sense of achievement and conquest.

Community progression does not remove stats, it embraces stats. Each item in the game now effects you more so then before.
I realize I really need to make a giant read for people to understand the vision of community progression over player progression.
One day when I have time :cry:
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Liss12 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:54 am

Shit guys, what you even talking about? PvP in H&H is virtually nonexistent, no one goes into PvP unless they are 250% sure they have owerwhelming advantage and able to onetap their target. What you call PvP is labeled PK in most other MMOs. I wasn't playing for a while now but i highly doubt there was at least one PvP encounter during current world while both sides fought on ~equal terms and result wasn't predetermined. Ever when it comes to PvP between polish top dogs its always mere cat and mouse game when one side is trying to run away and other is catching.
Liss12

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:07 am

Liss12 wrote:Shit guys, what you even talking about? PvP in H&H is virtually nonexistent, no one goes into PvP unless they are 250% sure they have owerwhelming advantage and able to onetap their target. What you call PvP is labeled PK in most other MMOs. I wasn't playing for a while now but i highly doubt there was at least one PvP encounter during current world while both sides fought on ~equal terms and result wasn't predetermined. Ever when it comes to PvP between polish top dogs its always mere cat and mouse game when one side is trying to run away and other is catching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4lWbF-Ngsc

We raided their allies and waited for 2 hours there for their alliance to come. They came a bit later to our village and they were overwhelming us, we still fought. This 250% assurance is just a shitter mentality, especially now when you literally can't die in pvp.
And in case you're not able to understand the video, we were the 17 people and we ko'd twice more people than they did. There was no predetermined result, we even had less people than them.

At the first 2 meteor fights we had equal numbers iirc, nothing was predetermined.
Other smaller fights we tried to stay equal to them so they don't chicken run for 3 hours, results also not predetermined.

This cat and mouse game is literally the pvp gameplay, if you don't fucking move, you get knocked out. We had fights in which we're chasing someone while also being chased in the back, or they're chasing someone while we are chasing in the back. That's the gameplay.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:41 pm

How can u say this when legit 90% of kos are crash kos
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:22 pm

wonder-ass wrote:How can u say this when legit 90% of kos are crash kos

nVidia crashes aren't real, otherwise something would've been done about them during the first 7 months of the world rather than after.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements