Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:34 pm

wonder-ass wrote:did u scrap the neat looking bundle art? kind of liked the aesthetic of it.

new and fun art of stacked items in bundles walked so that small number in the corner could run
Zentetsuken

Postby leeharvy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:38 pm

The silk worms auto stacking then not eating while auto stack is an awesome way to destroy a lot of progress.
leeharvy

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:14 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Apologies for the radio silence. A lot going on. Will do better, but patches may be intermittent for a while. We work as much as always.

so one patch a month’s the new status quo, huh?
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:02 pm

bumfrog wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Apologies for the radio silence. A lot going on. Will do better, but patches may be intermittent for a while. We work as much as always.

so one patch a month’s the new status quo, huh?

They're doing allright. :)
Zentetsuken

Postby loftar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:12 pm

Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:
  • When mousewheeling into inventories that only accept some items (eg. herbalist tables, smelters, &c), the transfer will try to find items in stacks (and also other container items) to see if something matches. It's a general mechanism, so I'm not sure if it might have some unintended consequences that are less desirable, but I haven't found any obvious yet.
  • The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.
  • If a chippable boulder is in the way when area-mining, the character will first prefer to chip down said rock. Hopefully this lessens the problem with boulders preventing area-mining.
  • The following things now stack: Feathers, entrails, intestines, animal fat, rendered fat, butter, eggs, and bone material.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:20 pm

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:
  • When mousewheeling into inventories that only accept some items (eg. herbalist tables, smelters, &c), the transfer will try to find items in stacks (and also other container items) to see if something matches. It's a general mechanism, so I'm not sure if it might have some unintended consequences that are less desirable, but I haven't found any obvious yet.
  • The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.
  • If a chippable boulder is in the way when area-mining, the character will first prefer to chip down said rock. Hopefully this lessens the problem with boulders preventing area-mining.
  • The following things now stack: Feathers, entrails, intestines, animal fat, rendered fat, butter, eggs, and bone material.

Actually more impact on the game than the last 10 patches. The gnomes are truly doing alright.
DDDsDD999

Postby jordancoles » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:21 pm

loftar wrote:Pushed some more smaller accrued fixes that don't really warrant their own announcement:

All of those changes are really nice

Can items be be sold out of stacks in barter stands? or are there plans for that?
Last edited by jordancoles on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:21 pm

loftar wrote:[*]The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.

thanks
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby donbot » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:24 pm

thank you for finally listening, do more of that and i'll be very sure that nobody would complain about the game lol
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:26 pm

jordancoles wrote:Can items be be sold out of stacks in barter stands? or are there plans for that?

The current implementation is that barter stands very explicitly and intentionally recurse into stacks to find items for sale. The reason for this is to be able to see the actual item that you're buying instead of a stack that doesn't really tell you much about the items inside it. I actually thought that barter stands already had the option to sell multiple items at once, but now that I look at it again, it seems I had only dreamt that. Will consider that as a future addition.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements