Game Development: I am the Walrus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: I am the Walrus

Postby VDZ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Granger wrote:
newaccountlol wrote:DEVS: Make it so walruses back off after chasing you off their turf.

Reasonable idea.

Yeah. There needs to be *some* way to get away from them. Just inevitable death no matter what you do is not 'challenging' or 'dangerous', it's just bullshit; random deaths to people unlucky enough to have walruses walking towards them while they can't easily move away (or even if they can and the walrus just happens to be too fast).
VDZ

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Great, now that animals re-aggro you can stop softcapping them with arrows because that is the STUPIDEST MECHANIC EVER!

There are players cheesing the fucking mammoths to get full quality out of them via melee combat only and you want to punish ranged combat users by softcapping the quality for their methods and it makes no sense at all.

You can change it back now.
Kaios

Postby Headchef » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Fixed a bug by which it was possible to use Knarrs and boats to teleport while redhanded. What a shame :D
Headchef

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Kaios wrote:Great, now that animals re-aggro you can stop softcapping them with arrows because that is the STUPIDEST MECHANIC EVER!

There are players cheesing the fucking mammoths to get full quality out of them via melee combat only and you want to punish ranged combat users by softcapping the quality for their methods and it makes no sense at all.

You can change it back now.

''You fix one of my bicycle tire, but the other is still broken. Please break one you fix so that it is fair again.''
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Ysh wrote:''You fix one of my bicycle tire, but the other is still broken. Please break one you fix so that it is fair again.''

That doesn't make sense nor do I care about what you're trying to say, arrows soft capping animal quality is dumb and he wants players to go and "be men" instead so why have ranged at all in the first place? Why does every single change to ranged combat make it entirely worse for the people that want to use it normally? Is he going to do anything to punish the players that have killed a full quality mammoth now because I don't think so.
Kaios

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Kaios wrote:
Ysh wrote:''You fix one of my bicycle tire, but the other is still broken. Please break one you fix so that it is fair again.''

That doesn't make sense nor do I care about what you're trying to say, arrows soft capping animal quality is dumb and he wants players to go and "be men" instead so why have ranged at all in the first place? Why does every single change to ranged combat make it entirely worse for the people that want to use it normally? Is he going to do anything to punish the players that have killed a full quality mammoth now because I don't think so.

Goal is to be unable to cheese animal. Making you able to cheese animal with range is counter to this goal. It is very simple to understand.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Ysh wrote:Goal is to be unable to cheese animal. Making you able to cheese animal with range is counter to this goal. It is very simple to understand.

But you still can? Just not with ranged combat as far as I know so why is ranged combat still absolutely terrible if it is fixed?
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Nice update, just one drawback, I'd just decided to have a beach home this world and had claimed a nice little cove .... :( :lol:

And the invasion has begun on the opposite side of the beach ... lol.

They look mean! I'm scared to even move atm, may just log out where I am before they spot me. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby maze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Nice update, just one drawback, I'd just decided to have a beach home this world and had claimed a nice little cove .... :( :lol:

And the invasion has begun on the opposite side of the beach ... lol.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4BuRhn0.png?1

They look mean! I'm scared to even move atm, may just log out where I am before they spot me. :)

just remember w/e you claim stops from animals spawning on it :)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Kaios wrote:
Ysh wrote:Goal is to be unable to cheese animal. Making you able to cheese animal with range is counter to this goal. It is very simple to understand.

But you still can? Just not with ranged combat as far as I know so why is ranged combat still absolutely terrible if it is fixed?

I can not understand what you try to say here.

Ysh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements