Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby August » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:56 am

>Verified account
>14 hours of Play Time refilled weekly
Still not enough, try harder.
August

Postby Avu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:03 am

Some of you won't be happy until the game is completely free to play without any kind of limitation. Can you provide a number of hours that will make you happy instead of just not enough try harder and crap like that? I mean something to know if there is a middleground. Otherwise I suggest you save your breath and move along. The game is not going to be free and that won't change no matter how much you stomp your feet bitch and cry.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby painhertz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:07 am

has anyone figured out WTF a rootfill is and/or how to make/find the new curio?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby waga » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 am

Absolutely.
While the initial amount of time wasn't enough , it's now fair.
waga

Postby MrGemini » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:10 am

PRAS!
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby Jeff » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:23 am

Well, seems quite a nice patch. Guess i'll verify the account during the week (and i'm also thinking about getting that sign, that's quite some funny item).
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Myzreal » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:29 am

I like the new f2p and verified accounts time boundaries. Seven hours a week sounds reasonable and if I can't fit in, 14h should be right enough.

To all the people saying that you can "easily play 15h in one day". Get a fucking job you scrubs. No, you CAN'T "easily play 15h in one day" if you lead a normal life, you know - with a job, family and shit. The f2p account is there for people to test the game to see whether they like it. The verified account is there for the filthy casuals, such as myself, who actually have a life outside of this game and the 14h per week should be enough for them to play in the evenings and weekends, along other games.

If you're a hardcore motherfucker that can play 15h a day and you refuse to get a life, then fucking pay up. Buy a subscription. Buy game time. Do whatever. Best would be to find a job because that will solve both of your problems - not having money and having too much time.

The servers don't run on fairy juice. Developers don't either. I'm a software engineer myself and I would love to create such a game myself some day. Having said that, I admire your work Loftar (although your code looks like shit, not a single coding convention is followed :P ) and I will probably buy some subscription just to back you up, even if I don't need it (yes you no life scrubs who refuse to pay a single penny, some people can actually pay just out of appreciation).
Paste me to get hacked: http://a/%%30%30
Myzreal

Postby Orocnogu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 am

*nods* yes, that's the right direction you're going, you're almost there. Thanks for that. Keep it coming.
Orocnogu

Postby burgingham » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:46 am

painhertz wrote:has anyone figured out WTF a rootfill is and/or how to make/find the new curio?

Hollow log block, entrails, any tree seed.

Gives pretty fast lp but consumes a lot of xp and has a lot of weight. Good for fast online lp early on. For times when you are logged out it is not desirable though
burgingham

Postby map » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 am

This is certainly an improvement imo. Nice to find a middle ground, as you do deserve to make money from your labours, but paying through the teeth for a pre-alpha is more than what a good number players are prepared to do.
I'm enjoying the game, so thank you for the fun I'm getting out of it.
map

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements