Game Development: Breath of Air

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby cyrus9586 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 am

I want to see someone make a slave pen! Build a pali around someones camp when they are offline. Wouldnt take too long if you have the starting mats. Just lock em in and boom slave pen. No gates needed. If they have no brim, no mine, no way to build a WB then they stuck as fuck.
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby ekzarh » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:01 am

Mostly nice update
Magic is lovely
Map expansion is lovely

Mirkwood nerf is ok - to me it was always stupid that world best curios could be craftet from bucnh of junk while gold and silver curios were 10 times worse.

Palibashing... controversial. IMO - this was a great motivation both to build a brick wall ASAP and to feed you own palibasher. Even 2 people without bots can make a palibasher in 2-3 month (confirmed by myself).

Stat cap removal...
You may be developing something that nerfes stat difference so I won't throw shit at you.
But in current Haven gameplay it is very bad. I'll write a separate thread with detailed explanation.
UPD viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50439
Last edited by ekzarh on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ekzarh

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:15 am

Pan_w_okularach wrote:you missed the point bro, i asked have the so desired stat caps helped the casual player at all or the things were indeed pretty much the same?

Hard to say since about all PvP players quit, mostly for other reasons.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 am

zebratul wrote:
jorb wrote:Palisades can never hand bashed

Does that mean if a new player messes up building a palisade, he can't do shit about it? Even with no soak?
I have forwarded the issue to Jorb (quoted the first guy's post). They will fix it.
Therefore, it is not wise to abuse this. :D

Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 am

I haven't confirmed that that actually is a problem, though. I imagine they should work just like the brick walls unless loftar dun goof'd.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby displaced » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 am

Statcap was one of the main reasons why i personally started to play this game again.
Just for one simple reason: I hated it that soemone who was playing this game much longer than me, could just fuck everything up.
So this will continue, because there's a part of this community who's mentally not developed enough to understand the meaning of "fair play", who got whiped as kid and now the only way they can compensate is to ruin game experience of others because they can't harm anybody in real life. Get professional help.

Yep this game is not developing in the direction to support casual players, and it probably wont.

In other games, where you are actually limited in combat, there is a competitive PVP in the end.
This game has no competitive PVP system at all.
And this is a major flaw of this game. (Just my opinion, doesn't mean it suits everyone)

When i try to show someone this game and explain it to them their at first like: "Wow this is awesome".
And then i have to tell them: "But at any point, someone could just kill you because of totally no reason and you loose 70% of progress."
Their reaction is always the same... "So you basicly tell me, once i have something nice, someone can just kill me for the sake of doing it and i have to start all over again?"
Yep that's exactly what i was telling them... So they don't even TRY to play it. End of story. 0 out of 20 people i try to convince for this game actually even tried it.

And about that pali thing.
If a group of 3 people (or maybe only 1 with a fighing bot) all overskilled to death just got the idea of fuck your little home up.. They will do it and you have absolutly no chance to avoid that.
Which is for a casual player the reason to quit forever because he then just wasted his time.

And the thing about World wipe..
Why the fuck do so many people want a world wipe?
Just grab a new account and start all over again.. No need to ruin the game for people who arrived later.
Word wipe would change nothing except that the old fuckheads are coming back, making strong villages to fuck each other up again until they get bored and leave again.
You know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and over again, expecting shit to change.
displaced

Postby ekzarh » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am

displaced wrote:When i try to show someone this game and explain it to them their at first like: "Wow this is awesome".
And then i have to tell them: "But at any point, someone could just kill you because of totally no reason and you loose 70% of progress."
Their reaction is always the same... "So you basicly tell me, once i have something nice, someone can just kill me for the sake of doing it and i have to start all over again?"
Yep that's exactly what i was telling them... So they don't even TRY to play it. End of story. 0 out of 20 people i try to convince for this game actually even tried it.

Disagree here. You are questioning the most unique features of the game - full loot and permadeath.
On the other hand If I loose all of my progress to someone I want him to be better player than me, not better botter or early bird.

displaced wrote:And the thing about World wipe..
Why the fuck do so many people want a world wipe?
Just grab a new account and start all over again.. No need to ruin the game for people who arrived later.
Word wipe would change nothing except that the old fuckheads are coming back, making strong villages to fuck each other up again until they get bored and leave again.
You know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and over again, expecting shit to change.

IMO World wipe is okay IF and only IF some serious steps are taken to change shit. Like making the fights more human-skill based that grind-based.
ekzarh

Postby cyrus9586 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 am

jorb wrote:I haven't confirmed that that actually is a problem, though. I imagine they should work just like the brick walls unless loftar dun goof'd.

I can confirm that after using a catapult to knock down an old pali it cascaded into my new wall via corner post sitting next to a corner post and immediately after fixing the wall I could now hand bash it. All palis atm cannot be targeted by hand bash.

Edit also can confirm that Bwalls cannot be targeted with hand bash. I have a portion of Bwall that has not fully set yet.
Last edited by cyrus9586 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby Kaios » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:56 am

cyrus9586 wrote:I don't know if this was fully thought through

Nothing they do ever is
Kaios

Postby Rance-sama » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 am

Oh, you should just sell the rights to H&H to someone who at least knows the basics of game design, waiting for this game to get decent is getting pretty old and then you went and took a step backwards.
Rance-sama

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements