Game Development: Hairy Mallard

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hairy Mallard

Postby Redlaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:19 am

I need to knock down a gate to make a bigger one, have yet got to it, my wrecking ball is in use knowing down another part of my claim...
Redlaw

Postby azrid » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:29 am

azrid

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 am

^^ That looks nice! Going to have to build one. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:01 am

that looks sexy

I'm fitna build a 5x5 pali where all the walls are gates around my second minehole

and dammit it seems they fixed the spitroast animation bug! I just learned about it and went to try and worship the meat god. Instead I kept turning the spit like I'm supposed to lol
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby Aethyr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:29 am

Aethyr

Postby FictionRyu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:25 pm

So, after finally getting on to check out this toolbelt situation..I can say I'm very displeased with how it works. It's hardly effective. You still have to take off whatever you have equipped currently and then when you go to perform your action desired then it auto-equips.
I find this to be pointless, it's just as easy to manually un-equip and re-equip.

Ok, so, apparently it's just with the scythe..
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:39 pm

FictionRyu wrote:Ok, so, apparently it's just with the scythe..

The Scythe and Pickaxe are only "useful" within the toolbelt if you leave the second toolbelt slot (considering a metal belt, not the poor man's belt) empty.

That's because of how the system is designed to work: to "swap" something it must empty BOTH hands in the toolbelt. So if you want to swap, for example, an axe and a T-Sack for a scythe, the second Toolbelt Slot must remain empty so the toolbelt will have a slot for the axe AND a slot for the T-Sack.

In simpler words: Two Handed items (Scythe, Pickaxe, Shovel, B12, etc...) will only function properly if you keep the second belt slot empty.

Practical example:

My miner currently works as I want him to. He uses 2 T-sacks and has a Pickaxe in his belt. When I tell him to mine, he stores both sacks in the belt and grabs the pickaxe.

I tried to keep (in his toolbelt) a pickaxe AND a metal axe (to cut wood and build pillars) but when I tried that, it would mine with the axe. Why? Because it didn't have 3 slots in the belt (for both sacks and the axe) when the Pickaxe was "needed" - so he used the axe instead and kept one sack + pickaxe in toolbelt.

So that's it. Until we have 3+ slots in belts, two handed items will need to be "alone" in a two slot belt.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Thedrah » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:42 pm

i mine with a pickaxe and 2 tsacks. i just keep the 2 slot belt open all the time and have one tsack on hotkey. just manage your space better and it'll work for you >>

it's a feature and it's nice. don't like it? don't use it haha
and i imagine the 3 slot belt will take hard leather and iron with some fancy silk embroidery to fit a gold belt buckle with some silver details... or take a troll skull maybe
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby MrPunchers » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:47 pm

We should get a toolbelt that counts as a 2x2 space but decreases your movement speed by 5% or something. Also we should get a backpack that decreases movement speed but gives a shitton extra space.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby FictionRyu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 pm

DaniAngione wrote:
FictionRyu wrote:Ok, so, apparently it's just with the scythe..
When I tell him to mine, he stores both sacks in the belt and grabs the pickaxe.

Ohhhh ok. I get it now, thank you for helping me understand that better. Now I'll know how to utilize the belt better.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements