Game Development: Milling Water

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Milling Water

Postby Harunobu » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:17 am

It is not hypocrisy. I made like 8 good points and I warned people like you NOT to stir your diarrhea and try to smear it all over my post in an attempt to change the subject. But that's exactly what you just did. And in the most stupid way possible. Proving my point exactly. You just couldn't help yourself.
Harunobu

Postby Clemins » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:35 am

Harunobu wrote:It is not hypocrisy. I made like 8 good points and I warned people like you NOT to stir your diarrhea and try to smear it all over my post in an attempt to change the subject. But that's exactly what you just did. And in the most stupid way possible. Proving my point exactly.

Mmkay, your post about how toxic the community is, in a toxic format isn't toxic because you're using it as a defense against toxicity? My man, if that's not a textbook definition of hypocrisy, then I must be looking in the wrong book or something idk
Clemins

Postby Harunobu » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:46 am

Get out!
Harunobu

Postby Clemins » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:57 am

Harunobu wrote:Get out!

Clemins

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:36 am

Harunobu wrote:This is stupid on all sides.

This game needs PvP. But it needs good PvP. And it needs something so that a hermit noob that worked months-

A player will never be able to compete with top players their first world because this game has stats that go up
A player will never be able to compete with a player that are more active than they are
A player will never be able to compete with multiple players if they play alone

In any game with stats.

Harunobu wrote:WTF are you doing, devs? You have no vision for this game at all?

Read this back to yourself eventually you'll figure it out
Last edited by Apocoreo on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:42 am

Harunobu wrote:Get out!

i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Harunobu » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:05 am

Apocoreo wrote:

This game needs PvP. But it needs good PvP. And it needs something so that a hermit noob that worked months-

A player will never be able to compete with top players their first world because this game has stats that go up
A player will never be able to compete with a player that are more active than they are

In any game with stats.

Harunobu wrote:WTF are you doing, devs? You have no vision for this game at all?

Did you even read what I wrote! This is absolutely a pathetic and laugable response to something no one even wrote.
The problem is new players that try this game, like it, play for weeks or months, don't have any deep knowledge or follow guides. They just learn what they experience. And then they run into a vet player who kills everyone on sight and they die.
The result is that they quit. If you think that most players then decide to start all over is laughable. And even if they do, nothing for them has changed. They can still die the same way. Saying the opposite is completely ignorant of human psychology. In fact, we are really bad at judging risk. Even if a player reads a guide, if dying is a 1 in 3 months experience, you are going to be really really bad at judging that probability. Even if people know they are doing something that is not safe, when they did it safely for 2 months, they are going to keep doing it. Then when they die and lose all progression, they quit. They aren't going to change their risk-reward function. And they aren't going to magically get their progression back. And let's face it. Veteran players play hard to remove all risk, to them, from the game. Factions of experienced players have a playstyle where they have ZERO RISK. But when a noob dies, they come here and laugh about how other people can't handle some risk.
If you have a game designed to make players quit, you are bad at game development. You cannot have a pvp game where the risk is losing months of game progression. And the reward is literally nothing.
The result is just that you have a huge design issue trying to have a PvP game AND have perma death.
This is why perma death was alleviated somewhat. But in a way that maybe even a beginner doesn't realize.
But all the things to offset death are not available to first time players. Additionally, there is nothing to make new players dip their toe into PvP because there's literally no point. They need a bunch of people with 400 stats and 150q weapons.

If you changed PvP so that 3 noobs with no pvp experience and q10 stone axesd and 30 str & agi could kill an experienced player with 400 stats and 150 weapons, sure. Then you are getting somewhere. But imagine they outrage on this forum if the Devs put all PvP stats were put through a log function so that their current 200 acts like a 18. And number of players hard beat leveled characters. Do that and a new player will absolutely be able to compete with top players. It is a matter of math. That's how stats work. And which stats you pick is how your game works.

And when people like you get the slightest bit of pushback, they come out with My Little Pony-world meme images.
All I did is say that you absolutelky cannot remove PvP. And I put a spotlight on this problem. But you then claim I am a noob trying to remove PvP from the game.

But you go ahead and claim you want a game with unlimited PvP, very hard scaling of stats where 1 leveled character can 1vs20 fresh sprucecaps. And claim this game needs hard permadeath where you lose everything. And on top of that having a pvp system that's just really odd, counter-intuitive, based on weird drinking mechanics, with no entry. And then you freak the fuck out when someone explains to you that new players quit this game after they get killed.

And then you pull a meme image out of your ass. You are a big softie. You are demanding kitty gloves from the devs. This is exactly what is happening. These hard man pvp factions, who also turned out to get magical well water 100q higher than intended because they abused a bug for half a decade, cried to the devs and made the devs undo the patch and rig the game into their favour.
Last edited by Harunobu on Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Harunobu

Postby trinh » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:08 am

you see now games that are hyped are mostly local coop/single, why? people are tired of abusive players like you.
game should be fun, not some annoying experience where you compete solo against bunch of players who spend hours in game to extort hat/token for few bucks and try to cash it on discord.
schedule to fight for some thingwall, meteorite whatever - bad
group pvp aka 2-3h kiting one group by another group - bad
solo pvp when you meet some random pk and get looted/killed (with great chance that solo pvp turns into one against many if attacker is loosing) - bad
without local instances and moderation until proper anti abusive measurements it will be always dead in longer run
trinh

Postby NecklessVirgin » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:00 am

Harunobu wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:

In any game with stats.

Did you even read what I wrote! This is absolutely a pathetic and laugable response to something no one even wrote.
The problem is new players that try this game, like it, play for weeks or months, don't have any deep knowledge or follow guides. They just learn what they experience. And then they run into a vet player who kills everyone on sight and they die.
The result is that they quit. If you think that most players then decide to start all over is laughable. And even if they do, nothing for them has changed. They can still die the same way. Saying the opposite is completely ignorant of human psychology. In fact, we are really bad at judging risk. Even if a player reads a guide, if dying is a 1 in 3 months experience, you are going to be really really bad at judging that probability. Even if people know they are doing something that is not safe, when they did it safely for 2 months, they are going to keep doing it. Then when they die and lose all progression, they quit. They aren't going to change their risk-reward function. And they aren't going to magically get their progression back. And let's face it. Veteran players play hard to remove all risk, to them, from the game. Factions of experienced players have a playstyle where they have ZERO RISK. But when a noob dies, they come here and laugh about how other people can't handle some risk.
If you have a game designed to make players quit, you are bad at game development. You cannot have a pvp game where the risk is losing months of game progression. And the reward is literally nothing.
The result is just that you have a huge design issue trying to have a PvP game AND have perma death.
This is why perma death was alleviated somewhat. But in a way that maybe even a beginner doesn't realize.
But all the things to offset death are not available to first time players. Additionally, there is nothing to make new players dip their toe into PvP because there's literally no point. They need a bunch of people with 400 stats and 150q weapons.

If you changed PvP so that 3 noobs with no pvp experience and q10 stone axesd and 30 str & agi could kill an experienced player with 400 stats and 150 weapons, sure. Then you are getting somewhere. But imagine they outrage on this forum if the Devs put all PvP stats were put through a log function so that their current 200 acts like a 18. And number of players hard beat leveled characters. Do that and a new player will absolutely be able to compete with top players. It is a matter of math. That's how stats work. And which stats you pick is how your game works.

And when people like you get the slightest bit of pushback, they come out with My Little Pony-world meme images.
All I did is say that you absolutelky cannot remove PvP. And I put a spotlight on this problem. But you then claim I am a noob trying to remove PvP from the game.

But you go ahead and claim you want a game with unlimited PvP, very hard scaling of stats where 1 leveled character can 1vs20 fresh sprucecaps. And claim this game needs hard permadeath where you lose everything. And on top of that having a pvp system that's just really odd, counter-intuitive, based on weird drinking mechanics, with no entry. And then you freak the fuck out when someone explains to you that new players quit this game after they get killed.

And then you pull a meme image out of your ass. You are a big softie. You are demanding kitty gloves from the devs. This is exactly what is happening. These hard man pvp factions, who also turned out to get magical well water 100q higher than intended because they abused a bug for half a decade, cried to the devs and made the devs undo the patch and rig the game into their favour.

Sounds like a lot of hot air. Please Cool Off and then come back to the forum once you’re learned some manners.
Zentetsuken wrote:bona fide top idea haver.
NecklessVirgin

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:13 am

Clemins wrote:Simple hypocrisy. Generalizing and calling someone out while using strong language is still bullying. Fighting fire with fire only makes the fire bigger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

You are way too mentally stable for these forums my friend
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements