Game Development: Without Batting an Eye

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Without Batting an Eye

Postby Darruin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:53 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Darruin wrote:Seem to have figured out something interesting about the bats. They look like they don't spawn within quite a large radius to stone-pit fires, but they don't give a shit about the normal 5-stick fires.

Test it in a cave, report results. =o

I have. Stuck in the end of a long tunnel with a ton of wood but no stones. Feels like no escape unless I get lucky. ¦]
Darruin

Postby VDZ » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:02 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
Darruin wrote:Seem to have figured out something interesting about the bats. They look like they don't spawn within quite a large radius to stone-pit fires, but they don't give a shit about the normal 5-stick fires.

Test it in a cave, report results. =o

Doesn't seem to be the case. Something about my claim seems to keep bats out somehow, but placing a stone fire outside of my claim where the bats do keep spawning doesn't keep them out.
VDZ

Postby spavaloo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Yesterday I walked into my cave and found a bat roosting directly over the fire.
Go to space
spavaloo

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:12 pm

jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Drevar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Oh god, not Xsolla.

I think Comcast has better customer support.

So if we set up a sub with Paypal before the switch, will it continue or will we have to set up something with them? I really don't want to give my credit card number to these clowns.

*edit* I just went ahead and got 3 months at once through Paypal, will reevaluate then if I want to continue (assuming only one choice for paymet)
Last edited by Drevar on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drevar

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Drevar wrote:Oh god, not Xsolla.

I think Comcast has better customer support.

So if we set up a sub with Paypal before the switch, will it continue or will we have to set up something with them? I really don't want to give my credit card number to these clowns.

Multiple options for the win guys.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Wait til you see those god damned bats

This post reminded me to update OP.

"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 pm

jorb wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Wait til you see those god damned bats

This post reminded me to update OP.

Maybe you should update bat behaviour, now that the server is down for maintenance anyway?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby earllohst » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:39 pm

I wish I checked forum for updates before I went in my cave got rekt so bat, gonna do a routine for checking updates before hafening session. :cry:
earllohst

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 pm

shy_ronnie wrote:day 1

it seems i have opened my eyes for the first time in my life. my childhood seems a blur. as i strain to remember how i got here or why i am naked, thoughts of survival immediately override my brain. there are more important tasks at hand now, and night has already fallen.

surrounded by all manner of berries and wild edibles, i begin the task of finding myself a supply of food. despite the overwhelming urge to eat everything in sight i find myself unable to touch anything. what a strange world i have found myself in.

day 2

i have learned that hearthlings are a strange breed of animal. they exhaust all resources in the area and expand into their surroundings, to devour even more. if i am to survive in this world, i must travel far beyond the area in which i first found myself. to that point, i have decided that i should find a cave. even with the threat of bats it would prove a far better dwelling than out in the open. oh, and i also learned how to not be stupid. i have collected many queer items in my travels, and through this experience i have learned to better myself. i am now able to forage, lumberjack, and hunt. simple steps into a more complicated existence.

day 3

i have traveled long, into the far reaches of the world untouched by hearthling hands. i have also fashioned myself a shirt of stinging nettles and a pack. i am not brave enough to wear pants of stinging nettles, however. with the goal of finding myself a home completed i will set to the task of making my dwelling a more suitable place to live. this will take some time, but time is the one thing i have in plenty.

day 2831
as an unknown archeologist cautiously enters an unnamed cave he finds jet another skeleton, with the marks he has seen way to often in this area:

'Poor soul, must have stumbled in here not knowing that the gene mutated bats which infested this area didn't fuck around long back then...
Good riddance that we found the culprits responsible for messing with them and were able to talk them into reversing their perverse experiment'

(sorry, couldn't help be but had to lift the quote to misuse it)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements