Game Development: Incorrupt Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Incorrupt Rabbit

Postby Jalpha » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Considering that players who leave in the first three months have yet to reach end-game content your main point is moot.

I'm unsure how your join date Can be so far back yet you show such complete lack of knowledge relating to player behaviour. Unless you are simply pushing an agenda for more end game content. I agree with your wish but not your method. The Devs are not stupid. They know more about who and why players quit in the first three months than any of us.

Find a better way of asking for what you want.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby BoxingRock » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:49 pm

jorb wrote:[*] We are restrictive about communicating beforehand what we do because my experience has been that it causes disappointment. I do not want to over-promise or hype up stuff that could be months out.

I feel like this is bullshit honestly. If you read your dms and forum posts even half as much as you claim to there is no way in hell you would be worried about the prospect of disappointed reactions.

If you just told people,

"hello beautiful players, after much debate loftar and I have decided to begin tackling the new larger content addition of something alchemy related so expect smaller updates for a few weeks"

following weeks,

"here is a picture of some random shit related to alchemy that I started creating as a fun little teaser"

and/or,

"here is a vague description of how we would expect it to work, but this will likely change as we develop it and discuss it further over the coming weeks"

instead of

"here's some random trash for 3 weeks because fuck you we're working on something bigger if you want to know what it is ask your mom to check up your own ass with her fist and buy a fucking hat you're fucking welcome by the way coronavirus isn't real and neither is santa stop crying bitch"

like I honestly can't imagine any reality where the amount of disappointment would change between the scenario of being served shit on a platter and being told you are about to receive shit on a platter, and then promptly receiving shit on a platter.

after 10+ years of development I am pretty damn confident that nobody is going to expect something so great that they will actually be disappointed after it arrives no matter what whimsical rhetoric you use to describe it beforehand
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Noid » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Jalpha wrote:Considering that players who leave in the first three months have yet to reach end-game content your main point is moot.

I'm unsure how your join date Can be so far back yet you show such complete lack of knowledge relating to player behaviour. Unless you are simply pushing an agenda for more end game content. I agree with your wish but not your method. The Devs are not stupid. They know more about who and why players quit in the first three months than any of us.

Find a better way of asking for what you want.

Lol dude relax, no one is challenging you and your master degree in Haven & Hearth.

I based the suggestion on my personal experience with the game and by confronting other players on the matter. Last time I checked this is a forum, which by definition is "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged" which is what I did.

Find a better way to release your stress hormone, I heard sex can help.
Last edited by Noid on Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noid

Postby iamahh » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:26 pm

no infinite stockpiles? reeeeeeeeee
iamahh

Postby Vert » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 pm

I dont see any dungeon more than 3 month, nice content. its exist,but its not exist.
Vert

Postby NomadKahn » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:24 pm

I appreciate the weekly updates, but if there's such an overwhelmingly negative response to such minor tweaks or additions it might serve you better to just release less frequent but more substantial changes. Better yet, just focus wholly on OCO; if it really is the game changer it's hyped up to be then isn't it worth all of your effort and attention?
NomadKahn

Postby dafels » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Is there anything to mention about OCO though? Is it still months, year to complete it?
dafels

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:43 pm

jorb wrote:[*] We are currently working on bigger projects: Object-controlled-objects
[*] We are restrictive about communicating beforehand what we do because my experience has been that it causes disappointment. I do not want to over-promise or hype up stuff that could be months out.

To my mind, OCO represents the single biggest goal within reach that could significantly alter how the game is played, and take it to a new level. Hence, this is our primary development focus. Tasks like that are big, unpredictable, do not result in frequent content updates, and yet also hold the most promise.

So let me ask then, since you've had this "Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects." in the patch notes for several months now:
Have you even started on OCO, at all? And when did you start?

I don't expect an answer :roll:
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Nightdawg wrote:o let me ask then, since you've had this "Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects." in the patch notes for several months now:
Have you even started on OCO, at all? And when did you start?

I don't expect an answer :roll:

Why not?

loftar has begun working on it, and did so around Christmas. We broke it off while we focused on world reset related changes, but he ha since resumed it, though I do not believe it to be particularly far advanced. Question for him more than for me.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Jalpha » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:24 pm

So OCO has made it past conceptualization and is now being written into code?

Now a broader question for the community (Devs included). Has much thought been put into how this is going to affect gameplay? For a simple example; will bridges need to be raised/lowered for boats initially or will boats just pass through them. How long should it take to raise/lower a bridge if necessary. What should the soak be for bridges.

Has anybody put much thought into how OCO should/will unfold? Maybe it's a good idea to start considering how things will change and how they should change with OCO. I mean at some point we have to start being preemptive as a community instead of waiting for things to be implemented only to complain afterwards.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements