Prelude: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 15

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:01 am

Necrisha wrote:Hence the attacker bit- you peace, you get the speed buff back, and opponent still has debuff. funny how you didn't think of that basic bit.

So the party that aggros first is on the losing side? I mean yeah it's good for hermits (they will still die because they can't drink properly) but what about equal fights? Are you just fucked because you aggro? Funny how you only think about your situation as a hermit aggro'd by another player and not about actual pvp. I would like to remind you that even if you aggro one guy first, you can get aggro by another person. Who is the attacker then? Without critters chasing you still have a huge advantage due to being able to get every speed boost ahead of you, and unless you are being chased down like a dog by a whole faction (you won't nobody cares about hermits) that should be more than enough to run away.
Btw i think you should check the guides on the forum for how to survive pvp encounters, it's a good read, will give you food for thought: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74618
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:07 am

I think this is the first time nobody in my group has been excited at all for a new world. Kinda sad
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:10 am

imo i like the hp changes. always wanted an equalization for attributes.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby WESKERBOY » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:11 am

lava? can we get spiders on mines? :D
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby Harthel » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:18 am

Is a new world really necessary?
Harthel

Postby Necrisha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:20 am

Dawidio123 wrote:
Necrisha wrote:Hence the attacker bit- you peace, you get the speed buff back, and opponent still has debuff. funny how you didn't think of that basic bit.

So the party that aggros first is on the losing side? I mean yeah it's good for hermits (they will still die because they can't drink properly) but what about equal fights? Are you just fucked because you aggro? Funny how you only think about your situation as a hermit aggro'd by another player and not about actual pvp. I would like to remind you that even if you aggro one guy first, you can get aggro by another person. Who is the attacker then? Without critters chasing you still have a huge advantage due to being able to get every speed boost ahead of you, and unless you are being chased down like a dog by a whole faction (you won't nobody cares about hermits) that should be more than enough to run away.
Btw i think you should check the guides on the forum for how to survive pvp encounters, it's a good read, will give you food for thought: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74618

First off going by game's interpretation (the only one that matters) you are an attacker unless you peace- so the victor of the speed war is the individual that can peace every combatant first. and can safely run away with the boost. otherwise you are right- it makes it beneficial to aviod pvp if you did the foragers credo or do what's already incredibly common- make a combat alt.
Necrisha

Postby Necrisha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:25 am

On another note Volcano snails should 100% be a thing. cause of Chrysomallon squamiferum- the scaly-foot gastropod.
Necrisha

Postby stickman » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:38 am

On the stream you guys were talking about bunny slippers and that PVP clients had the leg up because they could auto target small critters to get a boost.

This might be an unpopular opinion but have you considered doing something with the sprinting speed (4th speed). Right now its really only usable by people who are prepared with a inventory full of water... most custom clients have auto drinkers to utilize this... people who do not have auto drinkers will be at a pretty big disadvantage...outside of pvp its only used early on to catch squirels and rabbits. I was wondering what if you removed the 4th speed entirely? reduced animal run speeds to match... and get rid of the need to carry 40L of water at all times? I am bad at movement combat and find it hard to manage speed switching, water management and openings all at the same time. Some clients literally do all this for you and can fight for you so you dont need to worry about any of that except positioning yourself.

You could work in other ways to get temp speed boosts... suggestions:
-maybe a combat maneuver move that requires IP.... gives you 10% speed for 3 seconds and then -5% speed for 2 seconds... so you can speed up enough to get a hit in but then fall back abit after your hit so your not in continuous contact
-or a more traditional way other games do it maybe have a sprint button thats available on a timer for.... speed boost for 2 second on a 10 second cooldown... doesn't use anymore water then regular running so you dont need 100L of water but you cant use it all the time...
stickman

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:40 am

Necrisha wrote:
Dawidio123 wrote:First off going by game's interpretation (the only one that matters) you are an attacker unless you peace- so the victor of the speed war is the individual that can peace every combatant first. and can safely run away with the boost. otherwise you are right- it makes it beneficial to aviod pvp if you did the foragers credo or do what's already incredibly common- make a combat alt.

First, idk how you figured that an "attacker" is the one who doesn't peace as it is not stated in any place so it's basically your own definition of the term based on the game mechanics (tbh if we talk about ingame mechanics the attacker is the one who is commiting a crime, therefore the one who aggros first).
There is a myriad of ways to abuse the shit out of the mechanic you are proposing like having a client that automatically peaces out everyone in combat on a button press whenever you want to gain a speed boost, also being able to brick you character by doing a wrong credo is not something I'd call a good game design (especially since you inherit it after death).
To top it off there is no need to make it easier to run away for hermits. As it stands they should be able to easily run away since the one who is running always has and advantage, deleting bullshit like critters which are hard to click for an average hermit only makes it easier for them to run away since pvp-ers have less ways to catch up to them, basically they either need to fuck up their stamina managment (literally just drink water) or miss a speed boost (just run into it). Complicating the system further wouldn't help hermits, if they knew how the game works they would just run away in the current system (tldr skill issue).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:57 am

stickman wrote:On the stream you guys were talking about bunny slippers and that PVP clients had the leg up because they could auto target small critters to get a boost.
This might be an unpopular opinion but have you considered doing something with the sprinting speed (4th speed). Right now its really only usable by people who are prepared with a inventory full of water... most custom clients have auto drinkers to utilize this... people who do not have auto drinkers will be at a pretty big disadvantage...outside of pvp its only used early on to catch squirels and rabbits. I was wondering what if you removed the 4th speed entirely? reduced animal run speeds to match... and get rid of the need to carry 40L of water at all times? I am bad at movement combat and find it hard to manage speed switching, water management and openings all at the same time. Some clients literally do all this for you and can fight for you so you dont need to worry about any of that except positioning yourself.

Clients don't drink for you, they might have that function but it's usually turned off, you need to time your drinking in combat since it slows you down (ie. drink before speed 4 terrain, don't drink to catch up to someone drinking, etc.), having a client that forces you to drink is not necessarily a good thing. And i never heard about clients that fight for you (watch some pvp videos, spitsbergen and nightdawg have some nice quality videos), a lot of fighters are still using ardeness client that you can download yourself (it's kinda shit since it's old render but it's still better than using ender or that shubla spyware client). There are WAY better clients that do give an advantage (better fps, not crashing, enemy cooldowns, better ping functions, shittalk bots, etc.), but I think you overestimate how much of faction players skill is based on their client, and how much is just understanding when to press a button.
Last edited by Dawidio123 on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements