Prelude: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 13

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:41 pm

sirrah11 wrote:ok this is a dumb question so when will the game launch then ? first i see friday now my friend told me its delayed?

19:00 UTC is our target.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Temessis wrote:you do not have to go forage everyday (which is getting boring, unless you like spending more time on repeating tasks - making a "routine") if you want to get some curio. You can somehow automate the process and focus on achieving something else like beating those dungeons. I think that automation is good, look at the real life, a lot of processes are automated so you can focus on anything else and don't waste the time on repeating processes.

Haven is all about boring, repetitive, routine tasks. Do you not farm? Even garden pots are another boring routine. Foraging at least gets you out of your village to explore. It used to be one of my favorite things to do because it wasn't repetitive.

Temessis wrote:But why is it so bad? If you want to go foraging, then go, you don't have to do gardening, you can still collect foragables from the ground instead of pot.

"Just play this competitive MMO inefficiently" - horrible argument.

Temessis wrote:Nothing keeps you indoor, but for those who likes cozy homes, why you want to force them to go outside

This is an MMO. Player interaction is the entire point.

Mashadar wrote:I get it, the feature sounds good on paper and it makes sense, people have been cultivating plants in pots for a long time.

There's a lot of examples of plants that took a very long time to discover how to cultivate. Almost all mushrooms. No one could pollinize vanilla outside of Mexico until the 1800s. I can't remember the name, but there's some berry in the Pacific NW that is only grows at high elevations under forest cover not cultivated by man. There's probably more examples, but I don't know what to Google.

Sevenless wrote:I think we have enough curio diversity now that we can separate gardening from foraging and let them both have their places in end game. I've suggested in the past that gardening bluebells or the like would produce a domesticated variant with a reasonably reduced amount of LP output so that gardening is still good, but fresh foraged products maintain enough of an edge that they're worth getting by people who like foraging.

I agree with this. It's just a matter of making some things unique to foraging. A couple curios and a couple food ingredients.
Zampfeo

Postby mvgulik » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 pm

Not generally needed. But they can't hurt either.

https://time.is/UTC

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
mvgulik

Postby valeriesusanne » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Yes! Trolls on over world!!! Ha ha! :mrgreen:
(too chickensh** to approach it, but it was fun to see)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Madestov » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:17 pm

http://prntscr.com/111u6ci
only a crowd can (((rats =DDDDD
Madestov

Postby Liss12 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 pm

What if instead of lashing out on gardening we make foraging great again by implementing new high-end foragables worth searching for. Not that i like gardening- in fact i hate it with every fiber of my soul, but completely backpedaling entire mechanic seems a little too extreme.
Liss12

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Less than 24 hours left. My body is ready.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Burinn » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 pm

jorb wrote:Less than 24 hours left. My body is ready.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby jacob232 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:36 pm

Cant wait for this guys
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Postby Agrik » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:39 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:Gardening pots just need something to make them distinct and then they're good.
I like the distinction of "quantity vs quality" that someone proposed.

For example, pots can be made to multiply quantity while not raising Q (or, better, to give at best -1Q per each multiplication), yet still capping it with pot/water/soil Q, or other way round - to increase Q (by water and soil Qs, while pot Q is used only for capping) without multiplying the quantity in any significant manner (like, less than 50% chance to produce even 2x... or maybe even 10% would be too much, idk).
Agrik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements