Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Idk, I'm beginning to agree with Dani and V, world seems too small with almost 600 players, world 7 had like 300 dropping to like 200, there are people everywhere, lots of griefing and stealing and some of the new resources are way overpowered, which is great if you found any but not so much for everyone else who just find them stripped clean.

Balance has been lost and forced interaction of this nature is not a good thing ... I'm hanging in there atm but life is hard in the hearthlands unless you are part of a bigger group.

It's always a bad sign when seasoned players leave the game, if we can't hack it knowing the game as we do, then the newbies have no chance. :(
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Idk, I'm beginning to agree with Dani and V, world seems too small with almost 600 players, world 7 had like 300 dropping to like 200, there are people everywhere, lots of griefing and stealing and some of the new resources are way overpowered, which is great if you found any but not so much for everyone else who just find them stripped clean.

Balance has been lost and forced interaction of this nature is not a good thing ... I'm hanging in there atm but life is hard in the hearthlands unless you are part of a bigger group.

It's always a bad sign when seasoned players leave the game, if we can't hack it knowing the game as we do, then the newbies have no chance. :(

You're welcome to come to Hogwarts! Courier owl inbound.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Onep wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Idk, I'm beginning to agree with Dani and V, world seems too small with almost 600 players, world 7 had like 300 dropping to like 200, there are people everywhere, lots of griefing and stealing and some of the new resources are way overpowered, which is great if you found any but not so much for everyone else who just find them stripped clean.

You're welcome to come to Hogwarts!

:D - You lot have killed me twice! (w8) If it wasn't for that I may have actually considered it, lol. It's brutal out there!

I was doing fine at first but now there are three bigger groups there, smallest has 4 ppl and they are all just constantly stealing and wrecking my stuff. One lot blocked my cave entrance whilst I slept after first relieving me of all my worldly goods, to make it worse, I'm on a huge island with no crossable rivers and have lost two boats so far ... help! :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey, that was just business! Protecting the idol from the wicked evil-doers left me no quarter to spare. :P
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Onep wrote:Hey, that was just business! Protecting the idol from the wicked evil-doers left me no quarter to spare. :P

Yeah, that kill was fine, the other one ... not so much. :)

Just logged on and once again, all gone. How am I supposed to get anywhere with no stuff!!!!! :x

Was claimed and gated but they smashed a tar kiln blocking the other way in. :lol:
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby ven » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 pm

The map is too small and it was obvious from the start that this would happen. People know they're wrong when the best defense they have is saying that "murder is also interaction" and "it was like this before". I suppose we really do have a moba arena now.
Venator
ven

Postby MightySheep » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

I think currently the world is perfect size, you say too small other say too big, stop whine and just accept the way it is :)

For me the player density seems just right, like I actually have neighbors this world but it's not crowded or anything.
MightySheep

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:42 pm

I have neighbours every world, it's the type of neighbours that are the issue. And my island is way overcrowded with the wrong sort. :lol:

This is a quote from a friend that sums it up perfectly ...

It's really annoying right now. Not fun, not challenging, just annoying.

I would add 'frustrating'! It's impossible to move forwards, for me at least, atm.
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby LadyV » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Welcome to Havendome, are you Max or Master Blaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_JONVYwQ0
LadyV

Postby LadyGoo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:05 pm

It is a bit uncomfortable, indeed. But on the other hand, once you will have your palisade up, you are safe until the end of the world. Resource claiming happens in any worlds as well.
As for my folk, we found this world much more fun than hafen 1.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements