Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Turtlesir wrote:you now start starving under 2000 energy. major mechanic change missing from OP, jorb.

Edited OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Fostik » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:20 pm

How often new resources will regenerate?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby HasseKebab » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:30 pm

old roots take 3 days for just 1 use
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
HasseKebab

Postby Delamore » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:16 pm

World size is perfect, lots of interaction.
The real problem I'm seeing is that the "regional" resources spawned entirely full, meaning that the first person to hit them up got what looks like 2+ weeks of spawns instantly on day 1.
I was able to turn 5 ice into around 100k LP on day one which is just a little extreme for having been the first person to find an ice node.
I'm seeing lots of players in our group upset that they won't be able to catch up to characters like that because there's never going to be a chance to get 5 ice per node ever again.

Otherwise, I think the resources are interesting but need some work as currently it feels like the first claim on them is going to end in the first wall and even trying to take a resource from someone else is going to be a multiple day siege no one bothers with so the current owners stay the owners.

boreial wrote:My observations of W9 so far,

Even after traveling for 14 hours, I have found it too crowded for my game play style. (dedicated Hermit) If I have a neighbor within an hours walk from me that is too close for what I like, (personal opinion).

Also when reading about world size complaints, remember people like this literally want a 2x2 hour travel time block of land each to avoid any social interaction.
Delamore

Postby ArvinJA » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

World wipe please.
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby LadyV » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:51 pm

ArvinJA wrote:World wipe please.

I have to agree.
LadyV

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Siege system is... not going to work.
Last edited by Robben_DuMarsch on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Kalacia » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

LadyV wrote:
ArvinJA wrote:World wipe please.

I have to agree.

lets nuke every body just because a few people managed to get an early advantage.

lets not... i like my crazy paving. i want to admire it some more.
Kalacia

Postby Granger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:41 pm

While the resources are fun, the problem is that the first ones to get to the ice thingies and the mussels have instantly enough LP to spam claims over all of them as fast as they can find them (at the rate of ~1.5 claims per chicken spawn found).

They should start empty, so that you can't chain-rush them by gains from the last found enabling to claim the next few.

Additionally it would be good if it would be somehow impossible to wall them in, because at some point there won't be an unclaimed one left and since they're requirement for village idols now this means that it'll be impossible for latecomers to erect a village sooner than later.

Concussion is OP in terms that getting random aggro from wildlife (which is 99% sure KO unless you're in a boat) in the beginning hinders your progress to much (because you're then severly limited in LP gain, since your skills suddenly suck completely). With concussions you effectively multiplied the penalty for fucking up whatever way, please keep in mind that a game should be fun.

PS from my moderator alter ego:
Wipe most likely won't happen (even when I would be fine with it), so please don't get started about that.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Astarisk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Granger wrote:While the resources are fun, the problem is that the first ones to get to the ice thingies and the mussels have instantly enough LP to spam claims over all of them as fast as they can find them (at the rate of ~1.5 claims per chicken spawn found).

They should start empty, so that you can't chain-rush them by gains from the last found enabling to claim the next few.

Additionally it would be good if it would be somehow impossible to wall them in, because at some point there won't be an unclaimed one left and since they're requirement for village idols now this means that it'll be impossible for latecomers to erect a village sooner than later.

Concussion is OP in terms that getting random aggro from wildlife (which is 99% sure KO unless you're in a boat) in the beginning hinders your progress to much (because you're then severly limited in LP gain, since your skills suddenly suck completely). With concussions you effectively multiplied the penalty for fucking up whatever way, please keep in mind that a game should be fun.

PS from my moderator alter ego:
Wipe most likely won't happen (even when I would be fine with it), so please don't get started about that.

Would like to re-iterate you don't even need the new stuff to spam claims, you can literally spawn a new guy and drop a p-claim in 10 or so minutes just off of discoveries. Nothing too magical there.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements