Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Granger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Astarisk wrote:Would like to re-iterate you don't even need the new stuff to spam claims, you can literally spawn a new guy and drop a p-claim in 10 or so minutes just off of discoveries. Nothing too magical there.

You go from zero to yeomanry in 10 minutes?

Video or it didn't happen...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ArvinJA » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Granger wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Would like to re-iterate you don't even need the new stuff to spam claims, you can literally spawn a new guy and drop a p-claim in 10 or so minutes just off of discoveries. Nothing too magical there.

Can confirm, discoveries.
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby Granger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm

ArvinJA wrote:
Granger wrote:

Can confirm, discoveries.

You can do that on a wilderness spawn?

Edit: That would be 80+ items to discover (given 50LP per item)...
Granger

Postby Undefined » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Global resources in their current form are pretty dumb in my opinion, icicles being the dumbest, I think salt sounds pretty shitty too but isn't such an issue at world start due to limited access to high FEP food.
Should cause a 0hp wound that prevents using another for X days. It's the fact you can chain them that sucks, 10k LP headstart is one thing, 100k+ is an entirely different beast.
Undefined

Postby ArvinJA » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Granger wrote:You can do that on a wilderness spawn?

Edit: That would be 80 items to discover (given 50LP per item and the 1000 initial)...

Build a beacon first, for the yeomanry char, but yeah, you can get 5k LP on a freshspawn through discoveries very fast
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby Orcling » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Granger wrote:Concussion is OP in terms that getting random aggro from wildlife (which is 99% sure KO unless you're in a boat) in the beginning hinders your progress to much (because you're then severly limited in LP gain, since your skills suddenly suck completely). With concussions you effectively multiplied the penalty for fucking up whatever way, please keep in mind that a game should be fun.

Theres this thing called sprinting and drinking. If you cant even outrun a boar or a badger you're gonna die soon anyways.
Orcling

Postby Granger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Orcling wrote:
Granger wrote:Concussion is OP in terms that getting random aggro from wildlife (which is 99% sure KO unless you're in a boat) in the beginning hinders your progress to much (because you're then severly limited in LP gain, since your skills suddenly suck completely). With concussions you effectively multiplied the penalty for fucking up whatever way, please keep in mind that a game should be fun.

Theres this thing called sprinting and drinking. If you cant even outrun a boar or a badger you're gonna die soon anyways.

There's also bat-shit caves that you enter and get aggro, or you port to your fire and get insta-kissed by a boar.
Granger

Postby Astarisk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Granger wrote:

That's how I dropped my first Personal claim, If I was an even cheekier bastard, I could have suicide my guy and expanded the claim quite a lot by rediscovering and dumping.

Set my radar to show all rocks, trees, and bushes, then I slowly check each one off as I walk around the world. Include in discoveries for rabbits, squirrels, frogs, toads, rats, digging, water, dreams, etc

edit: I would like to edit in that I am also subbed, so I get dat phat 30% more lp
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby dvsmasta » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:24 pm

SO the question is, each resource spot has a random chance to get spawn from a pool of resources. This limits the max. spawn in the world and is a good idea. Once a specific spot has that spawn, it can only be drawn from that location or can it be drawn by anyone from any node on the map?

If it stays on the specific node, i have some nodes i need to go out and claim today :)
dvsmasta

Postby Orcling » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Astarisk wrote:edit: I would like to edit in that I am also subbed, so I get dat phat 30% more lp

I wanna sub :(
Xsolla when.
Orcling

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements