Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Postby loftar » Wed May 04, 2016 12:52 am

sabinati wrote:there should be more affinities per clothing item imo

Well, we did try to make it so that appearance still means something, at least. I wanted to avoid a situation where any effect can be slotted into any item and nothing can be said of a character from what clothes he's wearing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Wed May 04, 2016 12:52 am

Ysh wrote:Must gilding item and gilded item match at least one attribute?

No, not if their lower bound chances multiply to something non-zero, i.e. neither of them are zero.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ysh » Wed May 04, 2016 12:53 am

sabinati wrote:
Ysh wrote:Must gilding item and gilded item match at least one attribute?

no, but there's a higher chance of opening the next slot if they do

More matches = more chances?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Amanda44 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:53 am

sxasaaa wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Yeah, I'm with you on this one ... everyone else seems happy tho, lol, atm ... ;)

They always agree with everything after 10 minutes, the whining will start later.

This system should be a bonus rather than even more grinding. Making everything useless from the start with 60%-99% of failing is just stupid. Giving you option to make it better (but even if you fail, it's not 100% useless) - imo that's how it's supposed to work.

Yes, that's exactly how I think it should have been implemented too ...

And Loftar ... you can still have that element by the bonuses from gilding, just mix them up a bit.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Ysh » Wed May 04, 2016 12:54 am

jorb wrote:your actual chance within that span is then determined by your stats in whichever attributes are matched between the gilding item and the equipment

If no matches what is chance determined by?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby jorb » Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 am

Ysh wrote:
jorb wrote:your actual chance within that span is then determined by your stats in whichever attributes are matched between the gilding item and the equipment

If no matches what is chance determined by?

If no matches then you will have the lower bound chance, quite simply.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ravenguard19 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 am

What gilding thing gives int?

Because we can and we will.... die!
ravenguard19

Postby DaniAngione » Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 am

jorb wrote:
sxasaaa wrote:This system should be a bonus rather than even more grinding. Making everything useless from the start with 60%-99% of failing is just stupid. Giving you option to make it better (but even if you fail, it's not 100% useless) - imo that's how it's supposed to work.

You may have a point. We debated keeping some baseline bonuses, and I'm not entirely alien to that if it seems more fun.

Perhaps giving them at least half the base value?
And allow us to improve them to be just like they'd be or even better if we are lucky!

Or maybe make them give the former base value as a whole but instead of making it more difficult to stitch new gildings if they're different from the base status, make it so the base status are lowered, becoming a hybrid, not really good at anything item.

Just some random ideas :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

jorb wrote:[*] Added/Re-Added Torch post from Legacy. You can stash and retrieve a torch from it at your leisure.
[*] Added a sand stockpile, as recently suggested here.

<3
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby sabinati » Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

loftar wrote:
sabinati wrote:there should be more affinities per clothing item imo

Well, we did try to make it so that appearance still means something, at least. I wanted to avoid a situation where any effect can be slotted into any item and nothing can be said of a character from what clothes he's wearing.

not necessarily all items should have more affinities, and i haven't looked that extensively, but it seems like you mapped the previously existing bonuses, e.g. chef hat has cooking affinity, ranger pants have stealth and exploration, and then added a single affinity for most other items that didn't provide a stat bonus before.
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements