Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Postby Itanu » Mon May 09, 2016 3:05 pm

I wonder if this is still J&L's kind of patch after the overwhelming negative feedback and multitude of people quitting because of it.
Itanu

Postby Kaios » Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Itanu wrote:I wonder if this is still J&L's kind of patch after the overwhelming negative feedback and multitude of people quitting because of it.

I thought that's what they meant in the first place
Kaios

Postby Mafious » Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 pm

in any case negative feedback is still feedback and we don't criticize because "screw jorb and his surströmming fueled patching" but because we want this game to be better and more popular.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Thedrah » Tue May 10, 2016 5:06 am

hyped for this weeks update/patch
i'm hoping more gilding, food, or unicorns

but if bridges, optimization, or new combat gets added, i'll shit my pants
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 5:12 am

Thedrah wrote:hyped for this weeks update/patch
i'm hoping more gilding, food, or unicorns

but if bridges, optimization, or new combat gets added, i'll shit my pants

I think for what I expect reasonable:
Good case: Floating point coordinates, gild modifications.
Expected case: One of the above.
Bad case: None of the above.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby thesourceofsadness » Tue May 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Glad to see some Salem things back in Haven.

Separating clothes and bonuses allows to create an outfit you want with bonuses you want, and to give your char some personality.

Every big change in H&H causes a huge butthurt from community. Let's call it a tradition.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Potjeh » Tue May 10, 2016 1:20 pm

If you want to play Salem then go play Salem. There's a reason why majority of H&H players hated it.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby thesourceofsadness » Tue May 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Potjeh wrote:If you want to play Salem then go play Salem. There's a reason why majority of H&H players hated it.

There're a lot of reasons. Some of them are clear and intelligible, some are just stupid.

Salem had a lot of good ideas and there's nothing wrong to implement 'em in H&H. Majority always needs to hate something. So fuck the majority.
thesourceofsadness

Postby iamahh » Tue May 10, 2016 2:14 pm

its not as bad as I thought, would be nice a portable closet to hang various sets and swap them quickly... maybe each set having options to define if some part should not be changed, etc

but since the devs are so prone to trying new things i hope that W10 they try expanding warfare from simple base bashing to something bigger like territory control, kindgoms, all that... so people can fight away from their base, this should give an incentive for more fighting since you're far from home, in case you die you can rebuild somehow
iamahh

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 10, 2016 7:26 pm

GamingRAM wrote:
When I started up, I didn't realize I should have been putting points into Exploration, Survival, and getting my Perception up. The starting quests teach you how not to starve to death, that's about it.

RTFM

Maybe I'm just old school, but you don't pick up a semi complex game without reading the manual, or at least skimming it for important information. If people want a walkthrough and such, there are a few very good guides available that you can read in your browser here on the forums. Do we really need all of that in the game?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements