Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: My Kind of Patch

Postby sabinati » Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
RTFM

Maybe I'm just old school, but you don't pick up a semi complex game without reading the manual, or at least skimming it for important information.

what manual
sabinati

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 pm

sabinati wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
RTFM

Maybe I'm just old school, but you don't pick up a semi complex game without reading the manual, or at least skimming it for important information.

what manual

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40714
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby riker88 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 pm

I like this but also agree with some others, the quality of the clothing should determine how many slots it has, the slots should not be a random chance, but maybe slotting an item has a chance to succeed and if you fail the item gets destroyed and you have to try again.
riker88

Postby The_Blode » Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Mafious wrote:minecraft has like 4 recipes, and once you understand that you just need to do the shapes of the item in the crafting table its mostly intuitive, you do need to know how a circuit works to make one in minecraft or read/watch videos but thats just 1 feature of a game that its mostly a digital lego set.

if you want to compare games don't starve is closer to haven&hearth than minecraft is.

That's some pretty heavy ignorant bias you got going on there. The basic tools are one thing but I'd say trying to figure out the recipe for a Lead (rope) or an Anvil is a damn sight harder than figuring out what stats should be focused on. I'm not trying to say that minecraft and H&H are the same kind of game at all, either.
The_Blode

Postby blank » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:27 pm

sabinati wrote:
jaguar wrote:
jorb wrote:As a part of this we made it so that no stat bonuses, or combinations of them, can ever push you beyond twice of what you already have natively. This partly to reduce the effectiveness of dressed up alts.

I have problem with that. If I had 4 items (2 Nettle pants and 2 Nettle shirts) that increase surv. Now I can use only 1 :/ Otherwise idea itself is cool.

you can still wear 2 pants and 2 shirts. just put a leather patch on each one and you'll have way more surv bonus than you had previously

and if you unlock 2nd slots on any throw the taproot + water thing on them

how do you unlock a second slot for gilding?
blank

Postby viznew » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm

blank wrote:how do you unlock a second slot for gilding?

from what i know its just chance so i make a few things ima gilde ill gilde till one has second gild and gilde that spot then i get same thing iv been gildeing and gilde with something different then the 1st combine them (click one with other in hand) ..... or something like that
ImageImage
viznew

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Aye, it's just chance. The probability is the number shown when you confirm the gild action.

The range is determined by the values of the base object and the gild. The math isn't hard, just involved. (see first post for the process.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby blank » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Aye, it's just chance. The probability is the number shown when you confirm the gild action.

The range is determined by the values of the base object and the gild. The math isn't hard, just involved. (see first post for the process.)

gotcha appreciate that
blank

Postby Gensokyo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:01 pm

By the way, is there a cap of gildings per clothing?
I'd assume the ratio just gets so bad after 3 that you'd need a shooting star to hit that 4th spot, but I want to be sure before I go on a full ham adventure of gilding garbage in my clothing.
Gensokyo

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:03 am

There is no penalty for an increasing number. You can only have one of each gild on an item, though, and only so many gilds like up in attributes and have a good chance. There is an Hearth Magic ability to add slots, but it gets expensive fast. The most I've seen is six. I'm sure someone has done more.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements