Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:53 pm

ramones wrote:Why on earth would somoene have not seperatedly walled charter stone, instead, have it in the middle of the village or something? Weird ...
However, I'd love to see a nuke only cause I can't read the stupid willy whateverpotter thing posts anymore.

thought we were boys mannnnnnn
ChildhoodObesity

Postby loftar » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:54 pm

pedorlee wrote:But they where the ones taking the initiative and abusing the mechanic.

If you're going to keep insisting on this, I think you could at least try and counter the arguments made in the verdict.

Tonkyhonk wrote:im not even sure if it was supposed to be something someone should have reported or concerned as everything seemed to have worked the way it should to me...i mean, isnt it the security problem of those who got raided in this case?

Sure, but I think it's fair to say that it's muddy enough that they ought to have made a report just in case, and that not doing so displays less-than-optimal judgment. If they are open to "experimenting" with game mechanics, it seems only fair that they ought to open to it both ways. ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MightySheep » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:56 pm

ramones wrote:Why on earth would somoene have not seperatedly walled charter stone, instead, have it in the middle of the village or something? Weird ...
However, I'd love to see a nuke only cause I can't read the stupid willy whateverpotter thing posts anymore.

Pretty sure the willy people have their charterstone unwalled in the middle of their village same as us lol. People keep pointing out individual "security flaws" that arent actually flaws at all. It's only when these events (leaving gate open, unwalled charter, unticked box on charter) happen simulatenously is it a flaw.

It's like 20/20 hindsight OP. The only people who are really entitled to act condescending here are the ones who knew about this method of raiding beforehand, which is why dev shitposting is funny to read.
MightySheep

Postby Karede » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Very solid ruling. Good to have it definitively said that the visitor debuff is not a license to leave every gate open but rather a tool for community projects
Karede

Postby Astarisk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:40 pm

pedorlee wrote:

Just have a look at the last wizard video posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EfLRqBuoi4
Their charterstone is in the middle of the village, non walled.
But they where the ones taking the initiative and abusing the mechanic.

You can check devs response to this at the begining of this thread.

Our charterstone never has spawning enabled, a constantly changing password, and is behind two walls so no one but us can visit. :roll:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:45 pm

ramones wrote:However, I'd love to see a nuke only cause I can't read the stupid willy whateverpotter thing posts anymore.

same here tbh
There was a wise soviet conscript that was surrounded by the enemy on the battle of Stalingrad. A mortar shot teared his pants apart causing a big hole in his pants right on his right butt cheek. He felt a glorious cold ass breeze of wind on his butt cheek, like it would be sent by stalin himself, he said - hide your butts
dzielny_wojownik

Postby sxasaaa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:45 pm

loftar wrote:Sure, but I think it's fair to say that it's muddy enough that they ought to have made a report just in case, and that not doing so displays less-than-optimal judgment. If they are open to "experimenting" with game mechanics, it seems only fair that they ought to open to it both ways. ^^

So our punishment is basically a fun way of making people report their bugs? Well thought. Although I need to agree it's a cool idea, let's see how long our little Azkaban can defend itself from all the kinds of shit.
Last edited by sxasaaa on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERY BAN MAKES ME STRONGER
NaoWhut wrote:In all honesty i suicided to dole
on purpose.

NaoWhut wrote:THE WEAK WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE MERCY OF THE STRONG XD

Show this to 10 friends or the rake will get you.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=43766
sxasaaa

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:48 pm

loftar wrote:Sure, but I think it's fair to say that it's muddy enough that they ought to have made a report just in case, and that not doing so displays less-than-optimal judgment. If they are open to "experimenting" with game mechanics, it seems only fair that they ought to open to it both ways. ^^

whether it's muddy or not is your decision, however, is anything muddy enough to the point for you to officially encourage others to bugraid anyone in your game now?
Tonkyhonk

Postby sxasaaa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 pm

I just hope it's only a week or something, any other case is stupid.
EVERY BAN MAKES ME STRONGER
NaoWhut wrote:In all honesty i suicided to dole
on purpose.

NaoWhut wrote:THE WEAK WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE MERCY OF THE STRONG XD

Show this to 10 friends or the rake will get you.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=43766
sxasaaa

Postby Granger » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Not anyone, only the ones who broke the alpha contract of 'report first, then exploit'.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements