Game Development: Credobility

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Credobility

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 am

@ricky: I read it as "you need 10*#credos quests to complete the credo. You unlock abilities every 1/5 of the way" Thus, you get abilities at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 of your first, and increasing count thereafter if you try to complete more than one credo. Will agree that there may be a bit lost in translation of describing how the mechanic works.

@jorb: this all seems strangely familiar.... Can't seem to put my finger on where I may have seen this before.... :P (not refering to the archived post from 2009... that was before I started playing.) Hint (for other curios readers): I'm referring to becoming the witch and degrees of ability
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby azrid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 am

Granger wrote:Remove the slap-in-the-face rewards ('relieved hunger by 0%' and similar) to make it less unfun.

This. I like rolling the dice myself but its not very fun when you have to cross 2 mountains and 7 rivers for it.
jorb wrote:making killing quest tree a crime

azrid wrote:Scents don't matter if you can easily make an alt to kill quest giver.
How about the spirit inhabits another nearby tree/stump/rock if the original body of quest giver is destroyed.

this thread
azrid

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 am

@ Loftar ...

:roll: ... I take it beach trash doesn't count ... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby boreial » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 am

Confirming that the "Put an arrow in a swan" quest is bugged, killed a swan in water and on land with bone arrows and Hunters Bow, one shot kills and neither triggered a quest completion.
boreial

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

Can you shoot animals while on horseback yet? I'm not a lil bitch so idk...
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I have the foraging one done, and am starting on the fishing one. The hardest one so far was having to catch a mole. That took a few tries, given I normaly just stomp on moles with a horse.
Redlaw

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:14 pm

boreial wrote:Confirming that the "Put an arrow in a swan" quest is bugged, killed a swan in water and on land with bone arrows and Hunters Bow, one shot kills and neither triggered a quest completion.

Must need a stone arrow and a Ranger's Bow. We all know they secretly have it on the dev server and haven't given it to use "because archery OP."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 pm

maybe u should damage it, but not kill?
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby tirioll » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Better trash recovery when fishing.

Better chances to get trash? :) Or, conditional on getting trash, more likely to get a better item?
tirioll

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Seems neat.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements