Game Development: Blubber Chest

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blubber Chest

Postby AlthalusEddings » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Last edited by AlthalusEddings on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlthalusEddings

Postby Damon_Cooper » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 am

Fix fukken slimes!
What stats and gear should "normal" miner have to survive this shit?
Attachments
333.png
11 slimes digged in a row
333.png (206.38 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 am

200 Armorclass is enough to tank up to high openings without really taking any damage, but during early-world slimes are going to be broken beyond belief
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Granger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

jordancoles wrote:200 Armorclass is enough to tank up to high openings without really taking any damage, but during early-world slimes are going to be broken beyond belief

I guess they would simply disable the usual rush toward mining the lower levels to get quality metal ASAP.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby magisticus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote:Fix fukken slimes!

Firstly you need to be in armor and have weapons to mine on the lower levels, the devs have i think made it clear they want mining to have a danger element to it so we have to wrok with that.

Best to have your weapon on your toolbelt, you will get a combat cooldown when you switch to it so you have to tank through that. Switching to your weapon is easier and faster if you have it on a hotkey. Slimes attack a lot of times quickly and weakly so in my opinion you should have oak stance as your manouvre and then spam full circle at the little blighters. Be ready also to change which one you are attacking when another gets in the way.
magisticus

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Granger wrote:
jordancoles wrote:200 Armorclass is enough to tank up to high openings without really taking any damage, but during early-world slimes are going to be broken beyond belief

I guess they would simply disable the usual rush toward mining the lower levels to get quality metal ASAP.

You can still spawn slimes from mining on lvl 1 and 2 so not really
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Damon_Cooper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:55 pm

magisticus wrote:

Firstly you need to be in armor and have weapons to mine on the lower levels, the devs have i think made it clear they want mining to have a danger element to it so we have to wrok with that.

Best to have your weapon on your toolbelt, you will get a combat cooldown when you switch to it so you have to tank through that. Switching to your weapon is easier and faster if you have it on a hotkey. Slimes attack a lot of times quickly and weakly so in my opinion you should have oak stance as your manouvre and then spam full circle at the little blighters. Be ready also to change which one you are attacking when another gets in the way.

Did u tried ur own suggestion or u just want to talk about "how could it be"?
Because 11 slimes on L5 killed my miner in 2 seconds, and switchin' weapon cd would be near 5. So, please, stop suggest how should I mine, if u never tried it on ur own.
Also, Im not talking about "huge amounts of slimes, spawned in caves and making mining impossible". Im talking specifically about 11 slimes mined out from 1 tile, their insta-agro, ability to cross each-others hit-boxes, and faster-then-running speed.
Im easily able to kill them with my warrior, but my miner just can't stand a 5 seconds. And if I have to mine in full plate armor with warrior skills - why the hell do we need miner's outfit?
Also, let's add giant crazy worms, which could spawn while harvesting crops, so we should work on our farms with warrior gear too.
Damon_Cooper

Postby ctopolon3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 pm

gem 6 6 = golden egg => u should suffer
ctopolon3

Postby blank » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote:
magisticus wrote:

Did u tried ur own suggestion or u just want to talk about "how could it be"?
Because 11 slimes on L5 killed my miner in 2 seconds, and switchin' weapon cd would be near 5. So, please, stop suggest how should I mine, if u never tried it on ur own.
Also, Im not talking about "huge amounts of slimes, spawned in caves and making mining impossible". Im talking specifically about 11 slimes mined out from 1 tile, their insta-agro, ability to cross each-others hit-boxes, and faster-then-running speed.
Im easily able to kill them with my warrior, but my miner just can't stand a 5 seconds. And if I have to mine in full plate armor with warrior skills - why the hell do we need miner's outfit?
Also, let's add giant crazy worms, which could spawn while harvesting crops, so we should work on our farms with warrior gear too.

miners also need str? which you dont need for farming. it takes str to kill stuff.. Slimes just prevent nabs from rushing lvl 5 cave thats all. Not sure if anyone has realized this but it seems to me jorb and loftar are trying to sway away from alting. maybe if you had you warrior do all the work (including mining) then you wouldnt have issue?

you have to make miner have str already? go ahead and get agil and con too? problem solved for miner.
blank

Postby Damon_Cooper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 pm

ctopolon3 wrote:gem 6 6 = golden egg => u should suffer

the problem isn't with suffering, the problem is with adding new danger w/o any mechanic to avoid/defeat
it. So for now, the only solution (the most of big factions already use it) - is to have one-use miners. Quick feast for 200 white str - then 3-4 mined out slime-bunches, then rip. Spawn new - get the gear of previous one and go ahead. So we just have another "hermit should suffer, Big faction would exploit" mechanic. If this is the only way H&H can develop futher, then again - big swarms of worms while harvesting!
Damon_Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements