Game Development: Milling Water

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Milling Water

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:02 am

Tilten234 wrote:The removing of bunny slippers and forager speed buff was a good change, i dont know why you would revert it back becuase of people crying about it, Half of the people who cried to revert it are in fact those people who cried to get it removed. You can still run away at any point of time using only speedbuffs, and if you really was in trouble and they have horses infront of you picking up speedbuff offscreen at any point of time any village member of yours on 10 stat char can come and pick you up in a rowboat or leave one for you. The game was better off without bunny slippers and forager and if your taking into the part that hermits this hermits that, Hermits will literally be bullied into the ground by certain people no matter what changes you do, but atleast there was 1 less thing for little timmy to think about when trying to get away if he didnt have to watch critters on the map cuase aint no way little timmy got time for that when 5 fighters show up chasing him and giving him a heartattack. And pvp felt way smoother without having to watch ur map for critters 24/7

DDDsDD999

Postby NoBizd » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:18 am

One of worst patches in a long time IMO. Firstly reverting the bunny slippers/forager change is bad and you just were gaslighted by a few loud individuals. In fact some of them already told on discord first by then (when it was first time introduced) that they will make you make it back to old style. And indeed they did it pretty fast lol. To be honest I personally don't care that much about it, as I can somehow run + most private clients got auto boots change + critters clicking. But hermits... well, everyone already noticed you like to sodomize them.

Secondly as much as I like idea of the Watermill and new buildings it's executed badly. Both in terms of being able to grief people (blocking rivers and so on) and how it looks like. It's too symmetrical with too many straight lines - roof beams, corner stones. It lack imperfections, slight stones misalignments and so on. Do not fit other houses for example.

I guess the bug fixes and cook credo change are nice, so it's something.
NoBizd

Postby Sorchy21 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:25 am

I think the game was better without slippers.
Sorchy21

Postby maenven » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:32 am

Been playin the game for a few years but don't post on the forums much, first I want to say, this game is amazing, and I appreciate the effort you two put into it!

I am all for raising the skill level of pvp, but I don't think reverting the change of the bunny slippers was the right way to do this. Downloading a client to automate a speed increase by auto-targeting small game is not skilled based and creates a much bigger barrier to entry/turn off for newer players as well as a big turn off for people who are looking to get into the pvp scene. At most the speed boost is used to easily grief sprucecaps, and the bunny slipper as the only viable footwear in game for pvp is boring when there are so many cooler options in game.

As to provide a suggestion so I am not just complaining, If people are mad about the slowness of on foot movement, why not just make it so having shoes equipped increases your speed on foot in general, with adjustments to movement speed based on the footwear type? I feel like this would at least make a trade off for armor vs speed more interesting in pvp (granted I am fairly inexperienced in this area so I can't say for sure) as well as give spruce caps a better chance to get away from griefers.
maenven

Postby SnowWiggles » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:34 am

Upon further thought, it doesn't really make sense to bring back the bunny slipper buff.

1) big PVPers are better are clicking critters for speed buffs because of years of experience, so this really only gives more advantage to bigger players, which they already have enough advantages as it is.
2) this makes any other foot wear useless when you leave the walls
3) bunny slippers suck for guildings
4) it makes anyone without forager at a disadvantage
5) hermits can barely run in a straight line as it is, and pvps are hotwired trained to clicking critters and ship on map
6) makes it easier for PVP players to attack people and leave without taking much risk because of their states and experience of using this age - old clothing
7) If you keep this, rabbits need to be a lot slower

If you want to keep this, maybe give non-pvp players (people who dont buy specific criminal acts skills) some kind of buff that makes them slightly faster than those that do, giving them a chance to actually get away.

I get PVP is a huge aspect of the game, but when tiny hermits are just trying to enjoy the game, they get trapped in their walls because they know they dont havge the basical minimal 500+ str con agil to hold their own against big players. You can see their stats lorbtar, so you know exactly what I'm talking about....

I love everything you put into this game, but give something back to the hermits.... as I say this, it shouldn't take months or years for personal claim to empty for someone to come raid it.

I see so many abadoned villages that I'd love to steal from, or take their base over, but can't because it's just not possible. Like its ABANADONEEEEEDDDDDDDDD.
SnowWiggles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:12 am

"you need to change the game every time people get good at it because skill differences are inherently bad and this is the only way I won't get dunked on"

what a unique game design philosophy
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Creweer » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:04 am

:( I dont want to have to click critters and I dont want the only thing I hear to be RABITT RABBIT in every pvp fight.
Creweer

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:06 am

itt: 2 post accounts who never had any contact with PVP yelling "loud minority!" damn bro thats so sad
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:08 am

Just move bunny slipper speed buff to lucky rabbit's foot necklace.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:16 am

r0ck4ev3r wrote:Just move bunny slipper speed buff to lucky rabbit's foot necklace.

I do not want to have to butcher 2,000 rabbits before my village can PVP early game and I do not want to take off my pearl neck every time I go outside
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements