Game Development: Siege Chess

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development Siege Chess

Postby Dakkan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Wrecking balls should be immediately usable on claims you own, either pclaim or as lawspeaker. Give the folks doing village restructuring a treat.
Dakkan

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Dakkan wrote:Wrecking balls should be immediately usable on claims you own, either pclaim or as lawspeaker. Give the folks doing village restructuring a treat.

+1
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Omnipotent » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Dakkan wrote:Wrecking balls should be immediately usable on claims you own, either pclaim or as lawspeaker. Give the folks doing village restructuring a treat.

I really like the thought but can't help but imagine internal griefing problems. We do really need a way to take our own walls down safely and easily though.
Omnipotent

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Increased the building cost of Realm Carins significantly, and enforced greater distances between them

nobody asked for this why? why!
haHA literally nobody is going to fucking be cairn duty now it was already tedious asf to do this shit.

Does it really make things harder? I thought it would help stop cairn spam.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Ag_Revol » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 pm

loftar wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:Let's talk about it.
So when I build a ram it starts a timer that is tied to exact ram. Like the age of it. After 24 hours it becomes old enough to destroy EVERY palisade? And after moving and repairing it I need to wait only 1 hour before destroying the wall, if the ram was mature enough before taking movement damage?
I understand it correctly?

That sounds about right, yes.

Couldn't it be abused with placing a ram inside a safe pali and just waiting untill it dries for 32 hours? It will be much easier to raid this way? Is it intended?
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby Chebermech » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 pm

good idea but only if there is a "siege rights" permission checkmark in the village screen, to enable/disable rights for people to build or use siege machinery... and mineholes plz. will make open cities an actual thing.
Chebermech

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Omnipotent wrote:

I really like the thought but can't help but imagine internal griefing problems. We do really need a way to take our own walls down safely and easily though.

Should make it so wrecking balls can be used sooner on heavily destroyed walls. The cascade typically leaves walls at >95% damage, should just reduce wrecking ball drying time for those heavily damaged walls.
DDDsDD999

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Ag_Revol wrote:Couldn't it be abused with placing a ram inside a safe pali and just waiting untill it dries for 32 hours? It will be much easier to raid this way? Is it intended?

You still have to move it to the walls; the charge time is mainly intended as an ahead-of-time warning to the defenders to allow them time to mount their defense. Putting the ram in a palisade doesn't seem to change that function a whole lot.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:23 pm

I'd really, really prefer to not introduce additional claim magic.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ag_Revol » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:25 pm

loftar wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:Couldn't it be abused with placing a ram inside a safe pali and just waiting untill it dries for 32 hours? It will be much easier to raid this way? Is it intended?

You still have to move it to the walls; the charge time is mainly intended as an ahead-of-time warning to the defenders to allow them time to mount their defense. Putting the ram in a palisade doesn't seem to change that function a whole lot.

For example, if you place a ram close to walls you need to check it 24x times every 59 minutes. But if you place it in a safe place close enough to enemy base you need to check it only (DISTANCE/7.5) Times. It's about 180 tiles of distance that will do the same as a palisade. Not even talking about brickwalls.
Interesting... What's the distance for towers, again?
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements