Game Development: I am the Walrus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: I am the Walrus

Postby seisorith » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 am

I wish I had seen this thread before coming across these filthy demons you created, jorbtar. I saw 4 of them as I sailed by, so I turned around and banked my boat onto their island. I didn't even get out of the boat. And then I went to search for them on ringofbrodgar wiki and started hearing them tear me apart. I saw my health bar completely yellow and logged out instinctively. What good that did, logged back on and was in character creation screen. Less than two hours later, I'm torn between continuing or just giving this a big break. :lol: If I cut down on the exploring and just pick a spot to stay in, I suppose I'll reduce my chances of dying in the first week and actually get somewhere.
wolf1000wolf wrote:There are Chinese ppl playing this game!?!?!
seisorith

Postby bolognaman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 am

Tableware floats a few inches off of stone tables.
bolognaman

Postby Divicid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 am

Thank you jorb for the part where the char refills his stamina when doing labor, and then resumes it. Really like that change!
Divicid

Postby infectedking » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:15 am

dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Redlaw » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:19 am

If people asked for bears that could swim, spanw in groups ect.... well they finaly got it. Love it jorb...... now to not die when I do quests.... I see two banks of sand close to me.
Redlaw

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:50 am

loftar wrote:We're still considering reasonable ways to change haircuts as an ordinary in-game mechanic.

5.99$ for a hair token!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

seisorith wrote:Less than two hours later, I'm torn between continuing or just giving this a big break. :lol: If I cut down on the exploring and just pick a spot to stay in, I suppose I'll reduce my chances of dying in the first week and actually get somewhere.

I died about 2 hours into the server due to stupidity on my part. It happens and you learn to accept it. The game is better for it, I think. Stick with it.

Lesson: if you don't know what it is, stay a safe distance away, preferably behind a gated palisade. Now you can go and figure out what you saw.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ricky » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

I am the Walrus.

alternative name: that one time jorb and loftar crippled their newly active playerbase by killing half of them with militant sea creatues
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby wolf1000wolf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 am

PSA: Using the Toad Butter gives you the debuff Buttered which heals... but gives -Int during it. Afterwards, it changes to a Nasty Wart... which seems to be a permanent -1 to Charisma.... da heck devs?!
wolf1000wolf

Postby sMartins » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:43 am

WoW :o You are the best! :D
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements