Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby Agrax » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:54 am

Ocerion wrote:I can't spend any time being injured because I gotta also watch my base hard every two weeks for EIGHT HOURS. Turning this game into a damn job, and I don't even get paid.

Second that. I play games for fun, not as a part-time job. I get it there are no-lives, who can play 15h/day, but gimme a break. This is going to hurt small "villages" the most. Like me and my friend- we just CAN'T find 8 hours straight every 2 weeks just to guard our walls ;/
Agrax

Postby Undefined » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:03 am

As someone who generally plays solo as a well developed Hermit, this siege change is going to hurt in regards to the amount of micro-managing it'll need, but is workable, I'll simply drop personal claims on every sub-level and increase them with my main infrastructure located around L3-4 which would rely on other player's laziness to mine to and siege it on an often ignored mining depth. In general I dislike it, it's going to make my life difficult and another hoop to the already many layers of hoops I'll need to jump through.

If this system does have to happen I have some tweaking to values to spitball I think would make sense and assist in reducing the micromanagement to represent a village/claims establishment and the difficulty in bringing a claim to that level of establishment, I'd also like to see the implementation of a maintenance mode with size dependent LP cost.

• Village & Personal Claims, in addition to their authority upkeep, now have a "Power Level", ranging from 0 to 5.
  • Increasing the "Power Level" of a claim is initiated by clicking the "Charge" button in the claim's interface.
  • Once a "Power Level" increase has been initiated, there is a 24 RL hour delay, during which nothing happens.
  • After the 24 hour period concludes, there is a variable RL hour weakness window during which the claim's "Power Level" counts as zero:
    • Level 0: 4 hours
    • Level 1: 6 hours
    • Level 2: 8 hours
    • Level 3: 10 hours
    • Level 4: 12 hours
  • After the period concludes, the claim's "Power Level" is increased by one and cannot be increased again for a certain amount of RL time:
    • Level 1: 1 week
    • Level 2: 2 weeks
    • Level 3: 2 weeks
    • Level 4: 3 weeks
  • After this timer has elapsed the claim can be put into maintenance mode at the cost of LP based on the size of the claim, while in maintenance mode a claim cannot increase its "Power Level" and "Power Level" decay does not take place:
    • Level 1: 2 weeks - 5% Claim LP
    • Level 2: 3 weeks - 10% Claim LP
    • Level 3: 4 weeks - 20% Claim LP
    • Level 4: 4 weeks - 25% Claim LP Cost
    • Level 5: Not possible
  • The claim naturally loses one "Power Level" over the course of RL time if not in maintenance mode:
    • Level 1: 2 weeks
    • Level 2: 3 weeks
    • Level 3: 4 weeks
    • Level 4: 4 weeks
    • Level 5: 6 weeks
  • The "Power Level" of a claim, finally, determines how long Battering Rams need to dry before they can attack the various wall types on the claim.
  • Drying time for Battering Rams per "Power Level" & Wall Type:
    Level 0: Palisades: 40min, Brick Walls: 2h
    Level 1: Palisades: 6h, Brick Walls: 8h
    Level 2: Palisades: 12h, Brick Walls: 16h
    Level 3: Palisades: 18h, Brick Walls: 24h
    Level 4: Palisades: 24h, Brick Walls: 32h
    Level 5: Palisades: 24h, Brick Walls: 32h

In this way, jumping from a PL0 to PL1 is safer as PL1 should IMO be a base claim level and PL0 a claim that has been allowed to decay.
Maintenance mode allows a player to step away from the game or just worrying about claim maintenance at the cost of LP and encourages keeping a claim at a manageable level. LP cost is just an instant idea, this could be adjusted to sink something else.
A claim that has put in the work to get to a higher power level would be a bigger "prize" and the idea of besieging a power level 4 village trying to make it to level 5/recovering to level 5 should be a large event.
Alternately a small solo/small group claim can be somewhat protected from the micromanagement by spending LP to stay at their current level provided they don't expand further than they can maintain.

I reiterate though, that in general I pretty much hate the whole base idea of this :D
Undefined

Postby TheOriginalFive » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:25 am

I hope everyone who nagged for a reset are happy with the changes.
TheOriginalFive

Postby Burinn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 am

Very cool Gorbo and Lorftor! Thank you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby AriZona » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:38 am

The new Siege is complete "real_bullsheet.com". I just wander does anybody who come up with the "idea" play day-to-day, or just click to the game to see how does it look.. " :cry: Unbelievable.
AriZona

Postby VDZ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:44 am

shubla wrote:2. Level 5 (or 4) claim should not be reduced to level 0, but instead to level 3 or 2, making siege a bit more easy but not completely taking away the effort.

That defeats the entire point of 'siege windows'. You SHOULD be vulnerable every now and then.

eliminoid wrote:I kinda dislike the part when your base becomes vulnearable every 2 weeks. Forces you to be online for 8 hours straight. Gotta write a bot for that.

Ocerion wrote:because I gotta also watch my base hard every two weeks for EIGHT HOURS.

Agrax wrote:This is going to hurt small "villages" the most. Like me and my friend- we just CAN'T find 8 hours straight every 2 weeks just to guard our walls ;/

Eight hours is definitely excessive for small villages to defend themselves. Could the timer perhaps somehow scale to the size (and perhaps indicators of stat/tech progress?) of the village?

MightySheep wrote:Factor of 2 seems like such a wide amount. World start is like a stat race- someone at 799 UA is sure doing a lot better and put a lot more effort in than someone at 400UA, should they really be treated as total equals? I'm all for reducing the effect of titans but this a pretty heavy handed solution. Does it have to be EXACT equals? Would feel better if there was some middle ground like 50% equalized. Being ahead in the race should count for something.

From what I remember of some of the big early fights last world, almost everyone involved would have fit inside this window of equalized stats. Isn't it just then about numbers?

I'm not opposed to reducing the effect of titans but this is ... weird. Having an arbitrary window where everyone is totally equal but then the omega titans that escape the window will still smash everyone lol.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to slightly lower the impact that stat difference makes in pvp altogether. Seems easier to tinker with existing formula than brainstorming these weird solutions.

Not mentioned in the post, but on the stream it was mentioned that this equalization does not apply to AGI, STR and CON (and combat gear but duh). (Link to stream, quote at 15:49.) Presumably this applies only to the skills and not the stats.

MarcusXDead wrote:EDIT: How about adding more starting credos? Currently it's fishing/foraging/hunting, and you must do them to proceed. Maybe you should add more "directions"? Like, making quarryman and farmer starting credos as well.
For example, if you remove foraging requirement in lumberjack credo, and make quarryman starting credo getting to blacksmith would be easier. Just, like, rework those connections so there'd be more "input" routes, you know? One shouldn't have all the credos, but letting people to get to something without doing 10 other credos (not even really logically connected) is a good thing.

In general, the 'credo tree' and the increasing cost per credo learned combine very poorly. Individually they're both fine ideas but the requirement to learn earlier credos causes the cost (in number of quests to do) to reach stupid levels. A rearrangement of the credo tree, making it more dynamic (having different possible paths towards a credo) or something like being able to 'forget' credos (and also lose the associated 'do more quests' penalty) could help.

KwonChiMin wrote:
julian12it wrote:
  • Village's can no longer extend their authority over claims with a "Power Level" of 1 or more, unless the owner of the claim is either a Founding Father of the village, or a member of the village.
  • Villages can "Revoke the Privilege" of any Personal Claim overlapping the Village Claim by any amount.

I can see possible early world griefing with players placing down their pclaims next to villages in order to stun their expansion. Could it be possible to make so you're still able to claim over level 0-2's, but after level 0 you cannot revoke the privilege?

Well... You`ll have 32 hours window to destroy griefers claim. While it is charged to lvl 1. But yes. For larger village it can be a problem.

Wouldn't it be 40? 8 hours to activate the claim (during which it can be handbashed), then 24 hours cooldown and 8 hour siege window during which it can be revoked. I can imagine though that early game villages may not have the resources to expand to revoke multiple claims that popped up during an 8-hour window and get screwed over that way (it's far easier to place a claim than build a banner early game).
VDZ

Postby BALLISTICGAMER » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:57 am

So are we actually getting a Ring of Brodgar this time?
We had to make our own.
Attachments
2020-02-13_00.08.44.849.jpg
Ring of Brodgar. We had to make our own.
2020-02-13_00.08.44.849.jpg (167.95 KiB) Viewed 655 times
BALLISTICGAMER

Postby ZantetsukenX » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 am

New world! Thanks Jorb and Loftar!
ZantetsukenX

Postby cvgff » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 am

Don't like the idea of this new siege system managing multiple claims sounds like a huge chore, having multiple mine levels claimed would be ridiculous with this system, with that said I think a return of the world 10 system would be good with a few tweaks. Claim shields with certain amounts of damage that can be done to them every hour as well as keeping the current system where it alerts you to siege machines. with this system i actually was able to perform raids and they weren't to easy but weren't necessarily unrealistically hard either sure they took forever sometimes but this could be alleviated by making the max claim shields lower to some extent, i'm sure there is more flaws with it but these could be found out and fixed.

Just a side note i think jorb and loftar should have a discord server where they can throw out idea's and the community can respond with feedback in real time so they could figure out the merits or implications of certain ideas, it is really stupid to spend days or weeks designing and implementing a system and then have literally everyone hate it and need it to be removed.

also removing spiraling was really sad and not necessary, i loved being able to have big villages spiral tons of metal raising the worlds quality's and me then buying good quality metal and tools from them now the qualitys on metal will just be stagnant after awhile and thats going to cap alot of other things including mining.
Last edited by cvgff on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby Juukin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:22 am

What happened with the combat changes ? Would've loved to see those implemented. Old combat is getting boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xng2BqUaME

Gief plz
popfor wrote:jessy bby u r so bootiful u r a little princess from hevin and all thiese grodi men just want to use ur running skills in reel camberts. bby. its ok. I love you.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why would juukin lie

Ozzy123 wrote: We are better at this game than you, we won, end of story.
Juukin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements