Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby CloudJhi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 am

Definitely verifying after this. Thank you jorbtar.
On the pay time, I'd rather keep it. 14 hours should more or less be enough for me in a week, though I may seek to add a few hours every now and then(see; holidays) when I'm on a no lifing streak.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby cryystyy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:12 am

Epic Update devs !
Really like that you are implementing new stuff constantly, also a really nice written update post!
Keep up the good work !
cryystyy

Postby Kimparo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 am

I still feel as if the subscriptions need to be given to you as time and not days. 30 days in hours = 720 hours. You will not, unless you leave the client on 24/7, play 720 hours in 30 days. Also, if you get sick or your net/power goes out or you get into some sort of accident and are hospitalized for a time or some crazy shit that prevents you form playing...You won't lose your well paid time because you are not online. People used the silly excuse that this game isn't worth $10 a month because it's early alpha. While this won't quell all of them, this should shut a few up as well as make even more players happy.

And a question, how much time can you refill up to? Can you just not play for weeks on end and start playing again with 4 days worth? Or does the time refill cap out?
Kimparo

Postby bloom01 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 am

Great! So now its time to verify... still not purchasing subscription, but i think this is quite affordable.
bloom01

Postby Altich » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 am

To be honest, 14 hours is a satisfying amount for me and if I knew it wouldn't change I would buy it right away. (I will probably still buy it but later. I currently have some paypal problems anyways)

However, I think that such model should be supported with some "time" packages, for people that want to play just a few hours over the weekly limit. I don't think many people would pay 10$ if they want to play, lets say, just 3-4 hours per week more. Personally, I would just suffice to the 14/ week even if I wanted to play more. The "time packages" shouldn't be very cheap though, so that people that play much more than the free limit should buy a subscription instead.

I think that would solve lots of problems. For start, it would ensure that people who play more, will pay more (up to the limit of 10$/month). Secondly, it would make the game much more affordable for casual players. I think most complains about the price are from casual players, so that will some this problem as well.

Finally, I will once more say that tokens must be removed because they make the game pay to win.
Altich

Postby Brás » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:58 am

I for one still find the concept of paying for a game to not have permanent unlimited access to it retarded. But hey, it's your shekels.
Brás

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:59 am

Luv you so :3
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby Toorimakun » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:00 am

jorb wrote:Free Play Time has been increased from 12 hrs/month to 7 hours/week.

people will still use this up with in a day....
so we get to play 4 times/days a month. >.>

and then there are the people like me that would even use the 14 hours up with in a day...
LF> a kind, short, honest, loyal and family oriented Asian girl to marry me! <3
Toorimakun

Postby popfor » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:04 am

ty friend am less salty
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby simimi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 am

wolf1000wolf wrote:
jorb wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:We love you.
Is the badger hostile?

Slightly.

LIES. I just wanted a closer look at this cute critter and BOOM it mauled me...

Did you have honey in your pocket?
simimi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements