Game Development: I am the Walrus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: I am the Walrus

Postby Amigopen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:30 am

This is a totally real screenshot that I took when I saw a walrus in the game:

Your smol friend
Amigopen

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:04 am

Nice update, just one drawback, I'd just decided to have a beach home this world and had claimed a nice little cove .... :( :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby newaccountlol » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 pm

"Map loading" is most certainly not fixed. It seems worse than before...
newaccountlol

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Amigopen wrote:This is a totally real screenshot that I took when I saw a walrus in the game:

Yo FUCK that thing

Nightmares, homie
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Craft a vanity, sit down at it with a chair then select the new hairstyle :?: :|

I say "reasonable" because I'm not entirely sure it should be all that simple.

May i suggest continuously growing hairs and beards, unless they are cutted off with razors and scissors?

Not monetized way though, but totally fun for my taste.
thesourceofsadness

Postby VDZ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
Potjeh wrote:So are they faster than hearthlings on land?

Faster than 3rd speed, slower than 4th speed, on water theyre way faster than a boat.

way faster than a boat.

Are you serious? So there's absolutely no escape from them once they're locked on, no matter what you do? And not only are they very strong, they also kill you after knocking you out? What were the devs smoking? This is inevitable death for simply being near one of them - a situation that's not always avoidable, particularly if they can move towards you faster than you can run away (before aggro).

DaniAngione wrote:
loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Craft a vanity, sit down at it with a chair then select the new hairstyle :?: :|

I say "reasonable" because I'm not entirely sure it should be all that simple.

Of course it's not my decision or anything; but honestly I think that this is exactly the kind of thing that - being cosmetic - should be monetized somehow.
I mean, I'm saying that because I do care about this game - very much. I do not have access to all the info on store usage as you guys have, of course, but after the last world's ending message I'd rather see this kind of thing as monetization options other than some possible endeavours which I'm sure you two will do the best to avoid... but who knows? :P (I'm totally not looking at Salem's store) We're all being realistic here, I know you two want to deliver the best possible experience to us - your community - but yeah, the game must produce a good income as wel. It's important. And I think that monetizing purely cosmetic things (and give us options) will have better reactions than the inventory decision - even if not the same income, certainly the inventory decision was "rough" but it helped greatly. I know I subbed again, lol :D

It would be great to have an in-game way to do it, of course!
But if it's not that simple.... Why not offer the more $$$imple way? *wink wink* ;)

I mean - it is like that with Custom Imagery, isn't it? We can paint sketches or buy sketches...
I'd buy a restyling token; and I'm sure that as more and cooler hairstyles get added - or people get bored with their current styles - others would as well :)

I think we can go further than this - exclusive hairstyles that you can only get by paying/using a restyling token. Easy incentive for people to pay without affecting gameplay.
VDZ

Postby sMartins » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 pm

VDZ wrote:Are you serious? So there's absolutely no escape from them once they're locked on, no matter what you do? And not only are they very strong, they also kill you after knocking you out? What were the devs smoking? This is inevitable death for simply being near one of them - a situation that's not always avoidable, particularly if they can move towards you faster than you can run away (before aggro).

Wonderfull....finally this game is becoming dangerous like it should be....with Wolves and cold. i'm sure, is gonna to be even more dangerous than this :D
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Stop adding scary animals.
Soon you cant walk anywhere without getting mauled by god knows what.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby newaccountlol » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 pm

DEVS: Make it so walruses back off after chasing you off their turf.
newaccountlol

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:01 pm

newaccountlol wrote:DEVS: Make it so walruses back off after chasing you off their turf.

Reasonable idea.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements