Game Development: Swan Fishing

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Swan Fishing

Postby Asgaroth22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Myrgard wrote:just went fishing, the speed update is ridiculous, you buffet the timer by a factor of what? 10?

Really, it's TOO FAST

Using request for a catch, fishing ticks are approximately 1.5 seconds each. It's absolutely fucking insane.

I caught a cupboard of fish in under 10 minutes. That's just like irl lol
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Ejnekor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Need more info about farming change before i will lose my mind here.

"last word" does it mean variety now is -2 +5 and all change at the same time? Without inspect we can lose q on the whole field now? If its -5 +2 now its even worse... Even -5 +5 is awful with bad luck!

What change of growth we are talking about here? Is it huge or is it not? Can we have more info about how that all work?
Ejnekor

Postby azrid » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

I've done a lot of casting rod fishing now. Can't wait to test out golden hook to see if it has any effect.
I like how you can actually tell which node gives what fish best depending on your lure.
One thing I'd like to see is automatic switching of lures once you lose it just to reduce needless clicking.

Pretty sure you can use casting rod to scout out nice places to fish with regular rod as well.
A picture from after I found a plaice node.
Fisherman might be a real job now.

Also I had this weird experience with a trout node:
How come every lure gets eaten and I get 0 trout even though its such a high %? Is it a bug?
Last edited by azrid on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azrid

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm

jordancoles wrote:
VDZ wrote:So how do rights settings work for the Notice Board? Do you need Trespassing permission to read the messages? Theft even, maybe? Do you need Theft to add messages? How about removing them?

The parchment is stored in it like table symbol items

If it's anything like legacy, even reading the parchment would be theft :roll:

It is call copyright.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Thuzzy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm

azrid wrote:Also I had this weird experience with a trout node:
How come every lure gets eaten and I get 0 trout even though its such a high %? Is it a bug?

I was getting that too. Probably a anti-botting system, when I moved to another node it stopped.
Thuzzy

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Some fish are particularly prone to eat some lures.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby HappyBuffalo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Ejnekor wrote:Need more info about farming change before i will lose my mind here.

"last word" does it mean variety now is -2 +5 and all change at the same time? Without inspect we can lose q on the whole field now? If its -5 +2 now its even worse... Even -5 +5 is awful with bad luck!

What change of growth we are talking about here? Is it huge or is it not? Can we have more info about how that all work?

agreed. I'm a farmer and I'm confused. With the W10 system I planted everything at one time and pick right seeds. Now I have to plant same plant in several waves not to get ALL my seeds under quality drop. That sounds like a pain in the ass.

Can you please tell the time of Q swap?
HappyBuffalo

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Farming quality works exactly as in the previous world, quite simply. The only difference compared to the previous world is the local variances in speed, and the fact that you can't inspect the crops.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby HappyBuffalo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm

loftar wrote:Farming quality works exactly as in the previous world, quite simply. The only difference compared to the previous world is the local variances in speed, and the fact that you can't inspect the crops.

Thank you for a precise response. As I remember it was 5 hours - risk free Q swap.
HappyBuffalo

Postby xTrainx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:57 pm

wish i could play this patch and try to build a granery, but as i found out, the number of pc that can rune Haven and hearth is quite limited in my country
xTrainx

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements