Game Development: Another Touch of Fix

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Another Touch of Fix

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 am

Don't worry boys, it'll be fixed next wednesday!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:08 am

jorb wrote:Made it so that you can no longer logout if you have open fighting relations. Also made it so that initiating a fighting relation now requires line of sight, i.e. a clear path between you and the target not blocked by immobile objects. Also decreased the aggro distance from 250 map pixels to 12.5 tiles, and decreased the logout timer from 100 to 75. Fixing this.

So it's basically confirmed that players can run auto-logout as a jail-free card for PvP. Thought this is why you added a timer to hearth and log-out in the first place, but whatever.

Also, the combat changes are good in intention, but broken when you understand what they do, like everyone said.
DDDsDD999

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 am

jorb wrote:[*]Made it so that the first wall segment in an extension has a shorter drying time (~12hrs) if it is built adjacent to an already wholly dried wall segment. Do note that this applies to the first segment of the extension only, rather than to a whole extension.

What possible use does this have? Please share the reasoning behind this.

[*] Whether or not to share your claim permissions with your party group is now an explicit toggle in the toggles submenu.

This dosn't fix the exploit of a single evil villager being able to project village permissions to raiders via a party.

[*] Differentiated a new crime: Rummaging. Rummaging becomes possible with the Trespassing skill, and covers minor offensive acts somewhere in between vandalism and trespassing, such as moving objects, opening gates, or lighting fires. Rummaging is not considered a griveous crime, and does not prevent logout. The idea being to give you better permission control.[/list]

Then why does it hurt (SHP damage) the same as one, if it's a lesser crime?

You should have given the permission to everyone that had trespassing and vandalism on a claim.
Or - as a bandaid - do it after the fact. Now.

As you implemented it you condemmed everyone that lives on land whos owner is currently not present in the game (and there are some, for a multitude of reasons) to a life of eternal pain (as living on such a claim becomes a nightmare and each passing a gate in a secure manner will hurt twice) and running around with criminal acts being on. And I'm certain that you completely messed up some characters as most likely there are some trapped with keys but without trespassing and without enough LP to buy it.

Also I wonder why it wasn't implemented as another skill to learn.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Enjoyment » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:13 am

dunas9b wrote:Updates is still ok.
BUT you forgot about situation when for example : somebody put private claim shared key with other people so they can use it to get farming or for example go to mine hole (which btw is closed by palisade) , and this person has leaved game.
So now we in big trouble as we cannot get to mines , because gates closed and we don't have this new permition's on his claim. What in this situation we should do ?

you. should. SUFFER! (c)Jorb
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 am

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:Made it so that the first wall segment in an extension has a shorter drying time (~12hrs) if it is built adjacent to an already wholly dried wall segment. Do note that this applies to the first segment of the extension only, rather than to a whole extension.

Letting people rebuild their walls from a raid, instead of them getting bashed every day?

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:Whether or not to share your claim permissions with your party group is now an explicit toggle in the toggles submenu.

This dosn't fix the exploit of a single evil villager being able to project village permissions to raiders via a party.

It does in the accidental cases, it clearly isn't intended as a fix for the intentional ones.

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:Differentiated a new crime: Rummaging. Rummaging becomes possible with the Trespassing skill, and covers minor offensive acts somewhere in between vandalism and trespassing, such as moving objects, opening gates, or lighting fires. Rummaging is not considered a griveous crime, and does not prevent logout. The idea being to give you better permission control.[/list]

Then why does it hurt (SHP damage) the same as one, if it's a lesser crime?

Because trespassing and assault do as well. The whole idea is so people don't spam a billion scents and crash the server.

Granger wrote:You should have given the permission to everyone that had trespassing and vandalism on a claim.

That makes sense. Could just fit vandalism as a blanket permission over rummage.
DDDsDD999

Postby berthedin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 am

worst update, ppl had to be skilled to run away ans stack coins and use defenses, now they will run forever spamming defenses. I love when noobs write about combat and our lovely devs listen to them, these ppl didn't even kill a single bear. Combat now gives less fun.
Atikin:
whats wrong with me, is that i just wanted a couple of fucking days of peace, but nah your stupid polish ass has to go and fuck it up by ko'ing ppl on the NK realm and casusing more issues and drama.
berthedin

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 am

Id rather keep the spar meta than have these changes tbh
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:[*]Made it so that the first wall segment in an extension has a shorter drying time (~12hrs) if it is built adjacent to an already wholly dried wall segment. Do note that this applies to the first segment of the extension only, rather than to a whole extension.

assuming someone were to come by and bash a wall once every 24 hours after it had initially been bashed down you would soak 2-4 tiles more on your wall everyday until it is eventually completely soaked

i guess someone could keep coming by every 11hours and doing it but thatd be a lot harder and easier to defend against compared to 48 hours tbh
ChildhoodObesity

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

jordancoles wrote:Id rather keep the spar meta than have these changes tbh

same
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
Granger wrote:

assuming someone were to come by and bash a wall once every 24 hours after it had initially been bashed down you would soak 2-4 tiles more on your wall everyday until it is eventually completely soaked[quote]
I was a bit confused by 'the first wall segment' as I interpreted it as one tile, but one coffee later it starts to make sense.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements