Game Development: A Far Green Country

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Far Green Country

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:34 pm

August wrote:I suspect they do not even realize what they are doing, in legal aspects.

A better question is who will bother going to Sweden to fight them in court. Sweden is nice, cold, and Sweden of course but really; why bother over $10 you'll get back in your next paycheck.
"No shekels for you! You must earn these shekels!" - /pol/
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby August » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

An_Infinity_of_War wrote:
August wrote:I suspect they do not even realize what they are doing, in legal aspects.

A better question is who will bother going to Sweden to fight them in court. Sweden is nice, cold, and Sweden of course but really; why bother over $10 you'll get back in your next paycheck.

I thought about complaints in paypal.
August

Postby Vyrax » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:42 pm

August wrote:
Orocnogu wrote:I wonder if the devs took precautions compiling the EULA in anticipation of the possible price fluctuations. Otherwise any change in prices, higher or lower, could become a legal mess 'cause of people who already bought some of the merchandise.

I suspect they do not even realize what they are doing, in legal aspects. ;)

Isn't it illegal to use sounds out of other Games ? Im looking at the "new item found" sound which reminds me a lot of the Zelda Series, i would assume if Nintendo would know this, the two developers would be in a problematic situation (if the sound is ripped!).
Vyrax

Postby chrisrock » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:44 pm

August wrote:

pretty sure most people who already paid would be okay with getting extra sub time added to their account equivalent to the new price.
chrisrock

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Literally 15 minutes before the game went up on Friday I was talking to my fiance about how I had hoped Jorbtar would start charging money for their game so they could commit their full time to HnH development as a job. So when I saw there was a subscription model I was pleasantly surprised.

I will support your game and I look forward to further development. The game is hardly perfect right now but I am glad that you can now get paid to spend more time to work on this game.

Just fix that fucking attribute font Jesus Christ.
I'll die the way I live.
HAL9000

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Vyrax wrote:Isn't it illegal to use sounds out of other Games ? Im looking at the "new item found" sound which reminds me a lot of the Zelda Series, i would assume if Nintendo would know this, the two developers would be in a problematic situation (if the sound is ripped!).

Its the same sound from 2D H&H. Just sounds similar.

How is this a problem? They made a sound that sounds like another sound. Dear heavens we must burn the entire music industry to the ground for such an outrageous action all humanity has done!
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:09 pm

August wrote:

Which for the ones doing that could be treading on thin ice.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Granger wrote:
August wrote:I thought about complaints in paypal.

Which for the ones doing that could be treading on thin ice.

I'm in the gray on PayPal; all the info I've seen points to they allow possible refunds. How would the person be on thin ice? As in through Sea Tribe or through PayPal?
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:12 pm

An_Infinity_of_War wrote:Dear heavens we must burn the entire music industry to the ground for such an outrageous action all humanity has done!
Burning the current music industry to the ground sounds like a reasonable idea.

While at it we should include the whole copyright based industry which pushes for even larger monopoly terms, effectively destroying public domain and with it the reason they were initially granted the monopoly - they are breaking their terms of the bargain (or in newspeek: lobby to make it a more and more one-sided contract)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Granger wrote:
An_Infinity_of_War wrote:Dear heavens we must burn the entire music industry to the ground for such an outrageous action all humanity has done!
Burning the current music industry to the ground sounds like a reasonable idea.

While at it we should include the whole copyright based industry which pushes for even larger monopoly terms, effectively destroying public domain and with it the reason they were initially granted the monopoly - they are breaking their terms of the bargain (or in newspeek: lobby to make it a more and more one-sided contract)

I wouldn't mind seeing the old U.S. copyright system come back from the early 1900s; before corporate greed fucked it up. Had to copyright the product in every state & even then when the person died or sold it off the rights were damn well near gone. :lol:

Fucked up system we have now. With mostly shit music. I'll get the petrol you bring the cigars.
An_Infinity_of_War

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements