Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby NovaQ » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:23 pm

loftar wrote:Some security changes...

Thx for killing my animals. My chickens have food for 1- 2 days and probably no one will update legacy clients so I guess You kill legacy haven just like that. Nice.
Any link for legacy vanila compiled client that works now?
NovaQ

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:29 pm

NovaQ wrote:Any link for legacy vanila compiled client that works now?

Do you find that there is anything wrong with the link in the OP? It works perfectly well for me.

Slotty wrote:or we get a proper executable to update our clients..

What exactly is it that you are missing? I thought I had made everything necessary available, including a working default client for emergency use.

EDIT: I've reverted the certificate for now, so that you can log in while any issues are being resolved, but I can't leave it around for however long, so please ensure to resolve said issues.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Slotty » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:23 pm

loftar wrote:
NovaQ wrote:Any link for legacy vanila compiled client that works now?

Do you find that there is anything wrong with the link in the OP? It works perfectly well for me.

Slotty wrote:or we get a proper executable to update our clients..

What exactly is it that you are missing? I thought I had made everything necessary available, including a working default client for emergency use.

EDIT: I've reverted the certificate for now, so that you can log in while any issues are being resolved, but I can't leave it around for however long, so please ensure to resolve said issues.

The link in the OP does not work for me for some reason, it just opens and instantly closes a new tab in my browser.
But thats not the issue I am having, the haven-launcher.jar works. Its the Union Client that doesnt like the update and I am not techsavvy enough to fix that on my own, therefore I would love if someone did that :P
Slotty

Postby loftar » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:09 am

Slotty wrote:The link in the OP does not work for me for some reason, it just opens and instantly closes a new tab in my browser.

Really? It's just an ordinary link to a Jar file, no different from any other. Can you download the ordinary non-Legacy launchers? If not, you might just have some weird misconfiguration in your browser as a whole.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Necrisha » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:02 am

loftar wrote:
Slotty wrote:The link in the OP does not work for me for some reason, it just opens and instantly closes a new tab in my browser.

Really? It's just an ordinary link to a Jar file, no different from any other. Can you download the ordinary non-Legacy launchers? If not, you might just have some weird misconfiguration in your browser as a whole.

Check if the browser has any popup or adblockers active- anti-malware scanners don't like .jar files either. Depending on the security settings on your browser it could be interfering.
Necrisha

Postby Slotty » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:53 pm

Necrisha wrote:
loftar wrote:

Check if the browser has any popup or adblockers active- anti-malware scanners don't like .jar files either. Depending on the security settings on your browser it could be interfering.

Turned out Chrome didnt like the link at all, neither on this pc, my backup, my laptop or my phone. Microsoft Edge however. worked like a charm
Slotty

Postby Amethys » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 pm

Would be nice to have legacy haven and hearth at the time when could grind skills. but maybe thats just me who are not fan of this eve online like skilling
Amethys

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 pm

Amethys wrote:Would be nice to have legacy haven and hearth at the time when could grind skills. but maybe thats just me who are not fan of this eve online like skilling

AFAIK the change was intended to disincentivize botting that was starting to become rampant at the time.

Good:
-one of the most efficient ways to bot was to chop trees and turn them into buckets, which led to deforestation of large areas (I think this overlapped with the time that everyone spawned at Ring of Brodgar, meaning that new players were greeted with desolate wasteland.)

Neutral:
-Being able to study only one curiosity at the time incentivizes diversifying your industry to create different types of curiosities, theoretically favoring humans who possess "general intelligence" over bot clients relying on specific scripts.

Bad:
-You can still bot most worthwhile curiosities quite easily.

Ugly:
-Separation of labor and LP gain allows outsourcing the risk and necessary LP/FEP investment away from the character being pumped up in stats.

Root issue:
-A bot can run 24/7, meaning that as long as you can program and set up a bot that has net positive effect, you have innate advantage over people who do not bot.

Last part needs a bit of a disclaimer, running a script that automates collecting fruit from your larpy orchard will NOT make you win 1v1 PvP fight against hypothetical SnuggleSnail doing a "no bots this world" -challenge.

Sourced from this thread:

SnuggleSnail wrote:Bots are a huge potential problem, something that stops the scalability of the game - but I don't think they're AS BAD as the perception of them is. I've had very decent stats before using bots, or at least while only using basic bots from the wizard's tower. I think the focus here should mainly be on client features as opposed to direct botting. I would 100% give up every bot I have and never be allowed to remake them before I give up my combat UI if public clients are the alternative.
Last edited by vatas on Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby twolf » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Could not connect to server

Is it me or it's down for everybody?

Update: up now
Update: down again (02/14). Legacy status page (https://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/srv-state) it's up, but I can't still connect
Update: looks like some update on my OS broke the connection to the server. Authentication works well, but can't connect after that.
twolf

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:22 pm

loftar wrote:
Oddity wrote:Dear loftar, plz fix http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/ pages so I can see my total LP learned per character and all that

This information is nowadays available via the ordinary profile page, by adding &legacy=y to the URL. I'll probably shut down the Legacy website altogether in the not too distant future, since I'm not keeping it up to date with potential security changes any longer. (The login and profile stuff, that is; I'll of course leave things like resources and minimaps up.)

Can you or anyone explain exactly where to add this to the URL if this is still available and useable? Because i'm very interested in it.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements