Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby ChakatStormCloud » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:18 pm

WowGain wrote:
ChakatStormCloud wrote:
Mashadar wrote:It circumvents the problem by not using a secure connection.
That works fine, but the real fix would be for loftar to make the certificate valid for legacy.havenandhearth.com.

Which could very well cost upwards of 100$, because our current system of "trust" on the internet is "I paid tons of money for this security certificate, so I CAN'T be a bad guy!"

You can't be this fucking braindead
https://letsencrypt.org/

Oh yeah, them. Last I checked a decent number of places don't accept security certificates signed by them, though that was like 10 years ago, so they're probably more accepted now.
ChakatStormCloud

Postby VDZ » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:52 pm

This is about the client, pretty sure it can just accept self-signed certificates (and that's how it has been handled until now) unless there's been some change in the Java runtime to disallow it. Even if self-signed isn't an option anymore, Loftar gave in to the certificate cartel a while ago, and this very website now uses a LetsEncrypt cert.
Issuer info on http://www.havenandhearth.com cert wrote:CN = R3
O = Let's Encrypt
C = US
VDZ

Postby Oddity » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:24 am

Mashadar wrote:
Oddity wrote:we definitely need a link to a universal, fully working-out-of-the-box client for legacy haven

Excellent idea, just finish the work on your legacy private server and provide a working client with it.

I'm on it 8-)
dafels wrote:Oddihaven 2050?

Probably even this decade tbh
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Oddity » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:17 am

Dear loftar, plz fix http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/ pages so I can see my total LP learned per character and all that
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Oddity wrote:Dear loftar, plz fix http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/ pages so I can see my total LP learned per character and all that

You play Legacy enough to want to know how competitive your stats are? You sir are braver than i, what an absolute chad.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:30 pm

Oddity wrote:Dear loftar, plz fix http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/ pages so I can see my total LP learned per character and all that

This information is nowadays available via the ordinary profile page, by adding &legacy=y to the URL. I'll probably shut down the Legacy website altogether in the not too distant future, since I'm not keeping it up to date with potential security changes any longer. (The login and profile stuff, that is; I'll of course leave things like resources and minimaps up.)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:38 pm

Also, speaking of security updates, I've just had to update the TLS certificate on Legacy's authentication service. I was hoping to be able to leave Legacy entirely alone, so that existing clients could continue to work indefinitely without updates, but as it turns out, the old certificate was getting so old that modern versions of OpenSSL refuse to use it, which has been holding me back from updating the OS on that server. All clients unfortunately need to be updated to support the new certificate.

I've pushed the necessary changes to the public Legacy client repositories.
loftar

Postby twolf » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:35 am

Link to the repository please.
twolf

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:41 am

twolf wrote:Link to the repository please.

git://sh.seatribe.se/haven-client
loftar

Postby Slotty » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:29 pm

Well, heres hoping someone updates a custom client, posts about it or we get a proper executable to update our clients..
Slotty

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements