Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 am

The default client for the current versions is a far leap better compared to the legacy version. you can actually play with it and reasonable expect to be able to do things.

As far as fears of keyloggers and such... stick to the known entities, the ones that have established track records of quality support and trustworthiness. If you're fear is a game client with a keylogger going while it is running, then you should be very careful about even being on the Internet. There are quite a few ways of ensuring these sort of things can't work on your system if you want to get into system security. However, if you're going to go that far, it's probably just as easy, if not easier, to learn how to search the code for warning signs (such as a redirect to an unknown 3rd party server).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Leads » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 pm

The default client for the current versions is a far leap better compared to the legacy version. you can actually play with it and reasonable expect to be able to do things.

As far as fears of keyloggers and such... stick to the known entities, the ones that have established track records of quality support and trustworthiness. If you're fear is a game client with a keylogger going while it is running, then you should be very careful about even being on the Internet. There are quite a few ways of ensuring these sort of things can't work on your system if you want to get into system security. However, if you're going to go that far, it's probably just as easy, if not easier, to learn how to search the code for warning signs (such as a redirect to an unknown 3rd party server).

Nope, i think that a developer should provide easy access to game which spend. I want to buy this game but not in this condition. I know that jorb and loftar are not interested in my opinion but this is it what i wanna say. And i think that more people think like me but dont playing this game becouse they are thinking that this game is dead.
Leads

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Leads wrote:Nope, i think that a developer should provide easy access to game which spend.

I won't argue that point. However, if you haven't played the current version, how can you even say that the game doesn't have an easy to access client? Is the client perfect? No, and that's what mods are for.

Though I probably don't need to do this, I'm going to toss up some defense of loftar here. Look at all the time it's taken to work on just the client and make it perform relatively decently. An MMO really takes several people to work on it, yet Seatribe is tackling it with two. You can't expect everything. And almost no game is "perfect" out of the box. Even after 15 years, Warcraft still needs several mods to play or outside utilities for customizing input. I cant think of an MMO one that doesn't have or need this. I can think of several that severely need it, yet the modding interface is extremely limited and utilize "anti-cheat" software so you can't use outside tools, either.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Leads » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Leads wrote:Nope, i think that a developer should provide easy access to game which spend.

I won't argue that point. However, if you haven't played the current version, how can you even say that the game doesn't have an easy to access client? Is the client perfect? No, and that's what mods are for.

Though I probably don't need to do this, I'm going to toss up some defense of loftar here. Look at all the time it's taken to work on just the client and make it perform relatively decently. An MMO really takes several people to work on it, yet Seatribe is tackling it with two. You can't expect everything. And almost no game is "perfect" out of the box. Even after 15 years, Warcraft still needs several mods to play or outside utilities for customizing input. I cant think of an MMO one that doesn't have or need this. I can think of several that severely need it, yet the modding interface is extremely limited and utilize "anti-cheat" software so you can't use outside tools, either.

I don't expect everything. I don't need so many modification in game becouse so much change makes the game inaccessible. But i would like normaled play in Hah 1 and Hah 2 and more friendly official client.

One change is easier to learn than one hundred.
Leads

Postby blinx » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 pm

youre entirely wrong. the modded clients work pretty much exacctly the same as the official client. What makes them different is extra stuff added to make life easier.
blinx

Postby Baldarich » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:48 pm

Is legacy still up/stable? worth spending 15$ now?
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Baldarich wrote:Is legacy still up/stable? worth spending 15$ now?

Yes it is.
It probably is up and stable as long as devs promise access to it on account verification.

Is it worth spending 15 usd? depends if you are poor or not... I guess one could get some nostalgia off it.
It has probably only a couple of active players, if even that. You are better off trying to get used to the new hnh style.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Baldarich » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:19 am

shubla wrote:
Baldarich wrote:Is legacy still up/stable? worth spending 15$ now?

Yes it is.
It probably is up and stable as long as devs promise access to it on account verification.

Is it worth spending 15 usd? depends if you are poor or not... I guess one could get some nostalgia off it.
It has probably only a couple of active players, if even that. You are better off trying to get used to the new hnh style.

I cant get over the old haven and its graphics it just has its own charm even if its buggy af :roll:
Is the old legacy wiki still up? How do i install enders client?
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:20 pm

Baldarich wrote:Is the old legacy wiki still up? How do i install enders client?

Look for the "Legacy" pages. You can directly navigate to most things by using "http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Legacy:<page_name>"

I haven't messed with the legacy server itself, so I'll leave the specifics on clients to someone else. I believe Union client has been updated for use with the current server information. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=57579 I'm not sure if there's a link for Ender's around or not.
MagicManICT

Postby Baldarich » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Well jorbtar enjoy my 15$
Baldarich

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements