Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby juandex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 am

I can pay 1k dolars if you make it free for ever.
juandex

Postby jorb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

juandex wrote:I can pay 1k dolars if you make it free for ever.

Eternal comittment for a minor one time payment? Sounds awesome.

You can pay a mere trifling $15 to play it right now as much as you like, and otherwise your point has been made, and you need not harp on it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby dafels » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

Oh cmon jorby we all know you want the $$$, take the free 1k and make it free for everyone if thats what he means
dafels

Postby infectedking » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

jorb wrote:

You can pay a mere trifling $15 to play it right now as much as you like, and otherwise your point has been made, and you need not harp on it.

I doubt you've made that much from people verifying for legacy, it is actually a worth it deal.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

infectedking wrote:
jorb wrote:

I doubt you've made that much from people verifying for legacy, it is actually a worth it deal.

Is it, though? Let's take into consideration that this game is their life's work basically. For a $1000 investment now, they'd have to keep the legacy servers alive and healthy for as long as they are working the same job (Haven). This includes server costs, actual labor, etc. It's not worth it at ALL. Right now they're keeping legacy alive until Hafen is just better, and they may cancel it at wish - while it's also a reason for people to buy verifications.

If the deal included "and you can shut down legacy when you would shut it down anyway", then yes, $1000 is definitely worth it. But forever? it's just not. $1000 is not a lot of money to keep something up forever. I wouldn't do it.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jordancoles » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 am

With $1000 you could verify 66 accounts and play forever on all of them?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 am

For only $5 more, you could make it 67!!

Another question is... is it worth it if the overall population doesn't really go up? Do people want to play legacy in addition to the current world, or are they just fine with the current world and it's only a small percentage of the player base that want legacy? Or maybe something in between.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Lalaxx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:For only $5 more, you could make it 67!!

Another question is... is it worth it if the overall population doesn't really go up? Do people want to play legacy in addition to the current world, or are they just fine with the current world and it's only a small percentage of the player base that want legacy? Or maybe something in between.

In addition of course. Legacy is more like for people who can't afford good PC also sprite graphics more close to the heart for me at least. Addicted to jorb paintings.
Lalaxx

Postby Aceb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 am

IF I will managed to verify my account before legacy gets shut down, I will probably get into it from time to time just to gaze upon nostalgia and those beatiful pixels.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby juandex » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 am

Nothing compares to fresh essence and fucking publishes from the internet on a free to play server like H & H. that's why it's unique to find someone there, the server does NOT HAVE TO BE PAYED. IT HAS TO BE FREE. If ever this game wants to go out on the cover of a magazine or be known you have to play the heart of all the gamers.
I can pay for this to be the case and it NEEDS TO BE THAT way. Hafen is good but it's better haven legacy.
juandex

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements