Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 am

jorb wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Any plan on adding discoveries for different wood types, similar to different rock types?

I've considered it, but I'm not sure I want to add incentives to cut down every damn tree just because.

That was my thought, as well. The concern that it would just encourage W3-esque deforestation is valid.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby smileyguy4you » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:33 am

smileyguy4you

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:33 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:have i told you how much i love you? you guys are really some devs that ive never ever seen anywhere else!

Thanks, Tonks. Much love right back! <3
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby TiFFman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:34 am

Thanks for the notes and the update! This thread made me decide to sub :D.

Keep up the good works guys.
TiFFman

Postby Redlaw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 am

jorb wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Any plan on adding discoveries for different wood types, similar to different rock types?

I've considered it, but I'm not sure I want to add incentives to cut down every damn tree just because.

Only time I add that myself is if the type of wood had some special use, like if your using apple wood to smoke food ect...
Redlaw

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 am

I haven't read it all properly yet I just want to say while you are here that I prefer the subscription method to the play time .... I don't want to feel restricted in any way or be watching a clock if I'm going to be paying for a game .... even if I couldn't use all the hrs due to other things I still don't want it hanging over my head, though two hrs a day doesn't seem hard to use up, lol. If you still do play time it most definitely shouldn't be 'instead' of subs.

As I haven't read the rest properly yet, I'd like to say something about the new version so far .... it is lovely, it looks very pretty, the background music and sound effects are really nice and peaceful, not so much in a cave tho but that's atmospheric ..... I love all the new stuff, so much more to look at and, I haven't got far yet so that's it, lol, but I'm liking it more than I was expecting to, so far. :)

Edit:
I would still have liked the opportunity to go back and say goodbye to W7 though, with no warning there was no planning and it still is a sore spot with me. :(
Last edited by Amanda44 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Malke » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 am

Really great update, nice job guys :)
Malke

Postby Oddity » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 am

Hey, I thought I was auto-verified for being an old player before the update :(
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Hervarth » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 am

Great update!

What about fell slashes and bruises? Can they be treated by the stinging poultices too?
_Gunnar's alt
Hervarth

Postby Kronicstrafe » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:46 am

Just please PLEEEEAAAASE MAKE IT A SINGLE PAYMENT! Keep the microtransactions for those who want to fund the game additionally pleeeeease.
Kronicstrafe

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements