Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 am

ciba wrote:So... hats are permanent forever even until the next world? Cus if so I'm buying like mad!

Unless something completely unexpected happens, the plan is that they remain even into the next world.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby scoutpie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 am

RomanRichter wrote:So game time not accumulates every week? Only refils to 7-14?

jorb wrote:Correct.

i would like to put this out here. i don't know if this is possible to code but could the cap for free be 24 hours that refills by 7 every week and the max for verified be 48 refilling by 14 every week. that is just what i was thinking. i just feel that it would be a bit nicer if this was the case. other then that i am happy with the new changes you have implemented and i do wish you would fix the crash so i can play it on my laptop.
scoutpie

Postby maze » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:36 am

scoutpie wrote:
RomanRichter wrote:So game time not accumulates every week? Only refils to 7-14?

jorb wrote:Correct.

i would like to put this out here. i don't know if this is possible to code but could the cap for free be 24 hours that refills by 7 every week and the max for verified be 48 refilling by 14 every week. that is just what i was thinking. i just feel that it would be a bit nicer if this was the case. other then that i am happy with the new changes you have implemented and i do wish you would fix the crash so i can play it on my laptop.

then people would make alts and left the free alts gain hours, and blah blah.
blah
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby banok » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 am

Great stuff, sign item made me lel.

Bought a verified account mostly out of love but... if the 7 hours a week stacks up I'm not sure a filfy casual such as myself would ever need it. Says I got 65 hours now, prob enough for a year.
banok

Postby Granger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:12 am

Ozzy123 wrote:It's all cool but healing yourself is reaaaly freakin expensive, healing 1 wound with item that you craft with 1 fur when you have like 20 wounds is really hard. You could make it that stinging poultice heals 1 kind of wounds but heals them all

To not overpower it could reintroduce the gauze mechanic from legacy: apply it to a would and it'll block a slot in the equipment window, then heal over time.
For this to actually make sense it would need for the wounds to be localized to body parts.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby earllohst » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 am

New patch and features on the what second or third day of game launch?! :shock: Jorbtar rocks! :DD

I got my character wounded by badger, two of them chases me from really far away, glad I managed to run away from them using cliff. (they hit me when I climb) :oops:
earllohst

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Granger wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:It's all cool but healing yourself is reaaaly freakin expensive, healing 1 wound with item that you craft with 1 fur when you have like 20 wounds is really hard. You could make it that stinging poultice heals 1 kind of wounds but heals them all

To not overpower it could reintroduce the gauze mechanic from legacy: apply it to a would and it'll block a slot in the equipment window, then heal over time.
For this to actually make sense it would need for the wounds to be localized to body parts.

Jorb has specifically stated he's intending to introduce permanent HHP loss for certain relatively serious wounds.

So while this current system isn't finished implementing, the same concept is still going to apply. HHP is a precious commodity now.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby epicless » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Sevenless wrote:Jorb has specifically stated he's intending to introduce permanent HHP loss for certain relatively serious wounds.

So while this current system isn't finished implementing, the same concept is still going to apply. HHP is a precious commodity now.

Sounds like a way to allow weaker players to slowly whittle down even the titans.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Postby burgingham » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:57 pm

That is exactly what he stated the intention behind the system was. Also to make animals an actual threat.
burgingham

Postby donatas » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:07 pm

About the wiki.
So the original ring of brodgar wiki was updated by developers?
If so the new wiki link would be on announcements right?
donatas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements