Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby ItsFunToLose » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:40 pm

With gametime refills being capped instead of accumulating, even for paid and verified accounts, I'm out.

Was hoping to verify my account, and come back 6 months from now to see what state the game is in, and hopefully have hundreds of hours waiting for me, but as is....

It's been a privilege. thanks for making such a great game, enjoyed it thoroughly. and I hope I'm wrong about the future of haven.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 pm

ItsFunToLose wrote:With gametime refills being capped instead of accumulating, even for paid and verified accounts, I'm out.

Was hoping to verify my account, and come back 6 months from now to see what state the game is in, and hopefully have hundreds of hours waiting for me, but as is....

It's been a privilege. thanks for making such a great game, enjoyed it thoroughly. and I hope I'm wrong about the future of haven.

There would be nothing preventing people mass creating accounts now to accumulate absurd amounts of hours.

I personally would like the amount of playable hours to accumulate to twice the limit gained every week (14h for F2P, or 28 for Verified), but that might be too much.

Bye.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby tjinga2u1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Seems to me that many H&H fans don't work or go to school, because the default 7 hours a week is more than enough for me! And if you're not having to work to support yourself or family or what have you, go out and work like a whopping 3 hours of work a MONTH, it really isn't that much for a sub. The dev's have busted their asses to even make this game work, and they're not making a ton of money out of it either. I'm glad there is a pay system of some kind now, it should mean that the devs can pay more attention to the game now that there is an obligation to do so, it should mean more updates, better servers and overall everything working better. ENDING THE SALT NOW
tjinga2u1

Postby earllohst » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:05 pm

tjinga2u1 wrote:Seems to me that many H&H fans don't work or go to school, because the default 7 hours a week is more than enough for me! And if you're not having to work to support yourself or family or what have you, go out and work like a whopping 3 hours of work a MONTH, it really isn't that much for a sub. The dev's have busted their asses to even make this game work, and they're not making a ton of money out of it either. I'm glad there is a pay system of some kind now, it should mean that the devs can pay more attention to the game now that there is an obligation to do so, it should mean more updates, better servers and overall everything working better. ENDING THE SALT NOW

Very true this.
earllohst

Postby Lyllianna » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Firstly - to the devs - thank you for the update the changes to the store look good and the f2p makes more sense now and I wouldn't increase it any further. The verified account now is described (rightly) as the "one time fee" that has been asked for although maybe making it 20 or 25 hours per week would feel like more of a deal.

To all those who feel this way -
earllohst wrote:
tjinga2u1 wrote:Seems to me that many H&H fans don't work or go to school, because the default 7 hours a week is more than enough for me! And if you're not having to work to support yourself or family or what have you, go out and work like a whopping 3 hours of work a MONTH, it really isn't that much for a sub. The dev's have busted their asses to even make this game work, and they're not making a ton of money out of it either. I'm glad there is a pay system of some kind now, it should mean that the devs can pay more attention to the game now that there is an obligation to do so, it should mean more updates, better servers and overall everything working better. ENDING THE SALT NOW[/quot

Very true this.
- Have you forgotten there are those out there with medical conditions that prevent them from working while giving them lots of time to kill and ZERO spending money for things that are not essential. While this is not my problem I do have a family member in this exact predicament. Please stop assuming people are lazy just because they are broke with nothing to do but play HnH.
Just because someone has no money doesn't mean they don't work.
Just because someone hasn't paid doesn't mean they don't want to.
Those who believe otherwise need more "REAL LIFE" experience
Lyllianna

Postby scoutpie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 pm

maze wrote:
scoutpie wrote:
RomanRichter wrote:So game time not accumulates every week? Only refils to 7-14?

jorb wrote:Correct.

i would like to put this out here. i don't know if this is possible to code but could the cap for free be 24 hours that refills by 7 every week and the max for verified be 48 refilling by 14 every week. that is just what i was thinking. i just feel that it would be a bit nicer if this was the case. other then that i am happy with the new changes you have implemented and i do wish you would fix the crash so i can play it on my laptop.

then people would make alts and left the free alts gain hours, and blah blah.
blah

they can do that now with a 7 hour max...
scoutpie

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:57 pm

scoutpie wrote:they can do that now with a 7 hour max...

5 alts with 7h max is much less abusive than 5 alts with 100+ hours
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 am

tjinga2u1 wrote:Seems to me that many H&H fans don't work or go to school, because the default 7 hours a week is more than enough for me!

When I was younger, I was working full time, going to school part time, and was still getting in a good 30 hrs a week on EQ, not to mention a few other games I played here and there. Of course, I didn't do much else, and before that I was probably hanging out in game rooms playing Magic at least 30 hours a week on average (was at least one weekend a month if not two I spent at regional tournaments).

I'll just bring up this old study about the amount of hours an MMO player is online: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/000891.php. It's dated, and is before casual MMOs and Facebook games. (I understand that the average for Facebook games were actually higher....)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jippe » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 pm

fox_vs_badger.jpg
fox_vs_badger.jpg (178.43 KiB) Viewed 2887 times

Just watched Fox vs Badger.. badger wins... free fox for this noob.. :-)
jippe

Postby fuinharlz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 am

tjinga2u1 wrote:Seems to me that many H&H fans don't work or go to school, because the default 7 hours a week is more than enough for me! And if you're not having to work to support yourself or family or what have you, go out and work like a whopping 3 hours of work a MONTH, it really isn't that much for a sub. The dev's have busted their asses to even make this game work, and they're not making a ton of money out of it either. I'm glad there is a pay system of some kind now, it should mean that the devs can pay more attention to the game now that there is an obligation to do so, it should mean more updates, better servers and overall everything working better. ENDING THE SALT NOW

Actually, even if you work 40h a week AND study 25h a week, if you don't do much else, you'll still be able to play more than 14h a week. Weekends are PART of a week. Not saying the game shouldn't turn to pay 2 play model, just stating that it's possible to play more than the verified account playtime even if you work AND study!

About the pay to play... I like the concept, and those saying it should change to "pay for time not for a month of unlimited time"... EVERY pay to play mmo out there work this way: you pay a price for a month of play time, you have 30 days to play, if you play 1h in that month, sorry buddy, you spent 10-15 bucks to play 1h!
I just wish my country president haven't fucked up the country economy so hard! Because I'm a H&H fan, but right now I can't pay for unlimited time =/ (10 us dollars = 40 on my contry currency now. It's the same as you guys paying 40 dollars monthly to play when your monthly wage is arround 1000 bucks, and 90% of it is spent on the day you receive it so you can keep living :P).
But I'll try to make a new living in haven using free play time. May take me a year to start getting good tought...
fuinharlz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements