Game Development: Without Batting an Eye

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Without Batting an Eye

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:33 pm

kilakan wrote:The only real issue with bats is that most new players don't have the spare lp yet to drop on getting an UA char up high enough to take care of bats. Even my village which is decently coordinated just managed to get two guys strong enough to chaperon the miners.

Yeah it's definitely more punishing as a hermit/small group. I'm trying for UA, but we're only three (so I'm covering 2 other skills as well). So at the moment I have to check the mines every 30 minutes hoping for a clear run to my mining locations. But lacking metal also deprives me of increased development speed meaning I can't use it to get to the point where I can handle bats more easily either.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Leon232 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

from what i understand, the difficulty to heal injuries is intended to a degree; of course most injuries need to be healable; but not instantly, i wouldnt mind being laid out for a week because of a hunting accident; thats how it would be in reality.....and lets admit it haven is a settlement simulator for the most part

But yea, lets add more heals and each healing method will make me happier and happier; oh and on asphyxiation, my character doesnt show the injury on the wounds page now but he still has the HHP dmg and the -5 int, are the debuffs intended to be permanent? i mean brain damage from drowning DOES happen
Leon232

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:59 am

I call BS on bats being made less aggressive. I just got murdered by 4 of them.
Jacobian123

Previous

Return to Announcements