Game Development: Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'

Postby Banjee » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:57 am

Moretimer wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Moretimer wrote:Any chance you can put animals pathfinding on human characters?

No idea how you missed the fact that animals don't get stuck on trees but player characters do.

How about we skip pathfinding altogether and leave it necessary for you to control your character?

I'll take WASD controls though.

How does pathfinding take away control from the player? I know you guys are no starcraft pros, but I'm sure you can get above 10-15 APM and actually control your character regardless of pathfinding. Again, dying time and time again due to bad pathfinding of player characters whereas ai never gets stuck (other then water obviously) is lowering my and my pack of friends will to play. I do hope something can be done about it.

I dont get ur point, its not like u need to control 10 billion zerg/hearthlings in one click here, if so i did miss that point somewhere. A Starcraft Pro would build his own way of playing by just using the cam rotation. Not that hard. :ugeek:
Banjee

Postby Moretimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:23 am

I dont get ur point, its not like u need to control 10 billion zerg/hearthlings in one click here, if so i did miss that point somewhere. A Starcraft Pro would build his own way of playing by just using the cam rotation. Not that hard. :ugeek:

So what you're saying is player retention is not important. You're fighting against improved comfort of play, against quality of the product you realize that, right?
Moretimer

Postby Procne » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:26 am

Moretimer wrote:

So what you're saying is player retention is not important. You're fighting against improved comfort of play, against quality of the product you realize that, right?

No, he said that it's not hard to rotate camera. Learn to read. Those sensationalist forced interpretation of someone else's words are annoying.
Procne

Postby Moretimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 am

Procne wrote:
Moretimer wrote:

No, he said that it's not hard to rotate camera. Learn to read. Those sensationalist forced interpretation of someone else's words are annoying.

Did I not concur with that point? I agreed by not replying to it that it is not hard indeed. My point goes deeper then his, how about you learn how to discuss instead.

My point is simple. As a new player who started out with a group of 6 and is down to a group of 2 with a possibility of regaining players If a proper pathfinding is put in place and actually dying multiple times to the horrendous system in-place currently myself - and yet still playing - I see it as an easy fix to many people's problems. Try looking further then yourself for once.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that travelling in the game is a big part of it and it taking around 3 hours to get from the newb area to our current settlement for a joining player? you get stuck on trees, bushes everything all the time. Comfort of play is one of the significant and easy to improve areas for the game to be more of a quality product.
Moretimer

Postby bubba » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:53 am

Moretimer wrote:
Procne wrote:
Moretimer wrote:

Did I not concur with that point? I agreed by not replying to it that it is not hard indeed. My point goes deeper then his, how about you learn how to discuss instead.

My point is simple. As a new player who started out with a group of 6 and is down to a group of 2 with a possibility of regaining players If a proper pathfinding is put in place and actually dying multiple times to the horrendous system in-place currently myself - and yet still playing - I see it as an easy fix to many people's problems. Try looking further then yourself for once.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that travelling in the game is a big part of it and it taking around 3 hours to get from the newb area to our current settlement for a joining player? you get stuck on trees, bushes everything all the time. Comfort of play is one of the significant and easy to improve areas for the game to be more of a quality product.

If something as simple as not having pathfinding can make you and your friends quit. Well, H&H isn't the game for you. Especially if not having pathfinding has killed you you really won't make it far in this game I suggest finding something more player friendly for yourselves if you can't handle not having pathfinding.
Check me out on Twitch! I stream many different games and it may seem my channel is inactive but that is because I am now restarting streaming! (Click the image :D)
bubba

Postby Moretimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

bubba wrote:If something as simple as not having pathfinding can make you and your friends quit. Well, H&H isn't the game for you. Especially if not having pathfinding has killed you you really won't make it far in this game I suggest finding something more player friendly for yourselves if you can't handle not having pathfinding.

Actively driving new players away, a golf clap just for you my friend. *golf clap*
Moretimer

Postby bubba » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Moretimer wrote:
bubba wrote:If something as simple as not having pathfinding can make you and your friends quit. Well, H&H isn't the game for you. Especially if not having pathfinding has killed you you really won't make it far in this game I suggest finding something more player friendly for yourselves if you can't handle not having pathfinding.

Actively driving new players away, a golf clap just for you my friend. *golf clap*

Just rying to save you from alot of frustration and heartache because this game isn't for the weak willed and if something so small can drive you to the forums to complain I hate to see how you react when someone raids your base and murders you and I say when because it will happen to you.
Check me out on Twitch! I stream many different games and it may seem my channel is inactive but that is because I am now restarting streaming! (Click the image :D)
bubba

Postby Moretimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:12 pm

bubba wrote:
Moretimer wrote:

Just rying to save you from alot of frustration and heartache because this game isn't for the weak willed and if something so small can drive you to the forums to complain I hate to see how you react when someone raids your base and murders you and I say when because it will happen to you.

I came to this game after playing darkfall online, wurm, rust, ark, life is feudal - among others. Being able to see the lack of quality in a game product is something I have learned due to an extensive period of 20+ years of playing and testing thousands of different products. I'm here because I want to be here. But hey, I won't be stopping you from being an assumptious prick.
Moretimer

Postby Felkin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Moretimer wrote:

Actively driving new players, who are clearly playing the wrong game for them, away* kek

Difficulty of accessability is a feature in this game. It's ment to be tedious, annoying and hard.
We're masochists, baby.
Felkin

Postby Procne » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Moretimer wrote:
Procne wrote:
Moretimer wrote:So what you're saying is player retention is not important. You're fighting against improved comfort of play, against quality of the product you realize that, right?

No, you did not concur. Instead you drew a far fetched conclusion by mixing someone else's words with your own opinions (no pathfinding = decreasing comfort of playing -> player retention unimportant), out of many possible ones, accepted it as a fact (or rather presented it as such) and tried to imply that this conclusion is what the other person was trying to say. It's extremely rude.

I'm still waiting for my favorite one - people quiting because there is no gay marriage in game. I find "the game has no pathfiding! I am not going to play the game until pathfiding is in!" complaint silly.
It's one thing to argue that adding it might be good for the game. And something completely different to paint the lack of it as gamebreaking issue.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements