Game Development: Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:03 am

dvsmasta wrote:Pickaxe now takes hardmetal, rather than castiron
Smithy's Hammer now takes hardmetal, rather than castiron

So once again those who got it first are at an advantage and us hermits/smaller groups suffer the increased resource requirements AKA palisades.

What are you talking about, this makes it even easier since you can use bronze, think before you post.
DDDsDD999

Postby satinember » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:06 am

Well I hope that fixes the shit onions and beets I've been harvesting.
satinember

Postby shadowchris » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:06 am

So once again those who got it first are at an advantage and us hermits/smaller groups suffer the increased resource requirements AKA palisades.

Except the fact that you can use any metal to make a pickaxe so not sure what you're getting at :?
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:

What are you talking about, this makes it even easier since you can use bronze, think before you post.

People with no clue about game mechanics determined to complain I guess. Do they even play the game?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby InterCityFirmWhu » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 am

Great patch!
InterCityFirmWhu

Postby Romeir » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:11 am

loftar wrote:are you suggesting that the only possible direction development can take is towards easier?

Are you suggesting that the direction you want the game to go is "harder". Because Jorb keeps telling us to relax and play in a more casual manner. I'm getting mixed signals here.

Also, could you confirm that updates will be happening Mondays and Wednesdays (more like Tuesdays and Thursdays right after midnight for you guys)? Or could we get an estimate about how often we can expect an update.
Romeir

Postby Jackard » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 am

Do wagons have inherent claims, like the leanto? Does the wagon respect trails?
Jackard

Postby harry4 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 am

Sevenless wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:

People with no clue about game mechanics determined to complain I guess. Do they even play the game?

it was worded very badly. i also though it required steel when i read that. by saying "rather than cast iron", it makes it sound like cast iron can no longer be used. the post should be changed so its not confusing.
harry4

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:14 am

Romeir wrote:
loftar wrote:are you suggesting that the only possible direction development can take is towards easier?

Are you suggesting that the direction you want the game to go is "harder". Because Jorb keeps telling us to relax and play in a more casual manner. I'm getting mixed signals here.

No, you are not, you are dropping the contexts of various things we've said. I don't care much for harder or easier. I want deeper, and more meaningful.

Also, could you confirm that updates will be happening Mondays and Wednesdays (more like Tuesdays and Thursdays right after midnight for you guys)? Or could we get an estimate about how often we can expect an update.

It might depend on what we're doing. We have our live dev sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays, and if we have something on those respective days we'll probably usually put it up. Very much, however, reserving the right do updates whenever. Some things will require more time.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:15 am

Jackard wrote:Do wagons have inherent claims, like the leanto? Does the wagon respect trails?

As the post says, no, not yet. We couldn't do it for the draft animal in the time we had, and without that it didn't feel meaningful.

Given the specific walk mode it cannot follow trails at present.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements