Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Postby AlecGrey » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:10 am

My question is about Hops,Grapes, and Peppercorn. Do those plants go up in quality after each harvest? Or will I need to tear the trellis down yo plant higher ql seeds?
Formerly known as Kahim
AlecGrey

Postby kaizokuroof » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:13 am

Where is this updates kewl kap??? Also, may I suggest, while on the topic of giving you pals moar money, an option to buy hats for others :D
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Postby blazsword » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:15 am

I'm glad archery got nerfed even thought it hurts us people hunting wild animals but at least i was needed to be nerfed because of it being OP as fuck in pvp.
Thank you SacreDoom for the awesome profile picture you made!
blazsword

Postby BoxingRock » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:30 am

DaniAngione wrote:How was bow damage calculated before? I know it was a bit high, but my actual question is: can I still 1-shot foxes? :P

Absolutely, just did so with q17~ bone arrow, and 2-shot a deer shortly afterwards. Doing roughly 170-180 dmg from mid green.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby mamotromico » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:33 am

BoxingRock wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:How was bow damage calculated before? I know it was a bit high, but my actual question is: can I still 1-shot foxes? :P

Absolutely, just did so with q17~ bone arrow, and 2-shot a deer shortly afterwards. Doing roughly 170-180 dmg from mid green.

You just have to actually wait for the bar to fill up now. Point blank one shotting is still totally useful, just not pathetically easy as it was.
mamotromico

Postby BoxingRock » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:36 am

mamotromico wrote:You just have to actually wait for the bar to fill up now. Point blank one shotting is still totally useful, just not pathetically easy as it was.

Makes buying MM seem more worthwhile, I am only at 14 I think and I have yet to see an animal stand still for long enough to get in a good full bar shot, and have never seen it get to the end even when waiting during a cliff agro.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:59 am

mamotromico wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:

You just have to actually wait for the bar to fill up now. Point blank one shotting is still totally useful, just not pathetically easy as it was.

Oh, I understand what the change means now then. Thank you, kind sir/lady
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Yksare » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:10 am

I am not sure that i got how new farming works.
But if i understood it right, u have just killed farming for casual hermits.
Let me explain.
I am a hermit, i do not consume a lot of food, i live in a small claim, and i have other business to do with the same character.
So i plant 9 beetroot (3x9 carrots, and such). Seriously, i just do not need more. As usual i replant the best 3 (x3) of them... and start new circle with same 9 beetroot with better q. If RNG is on my side i'll plant 4x3, if RNG is against me 2x3, or even 1x3 next time. I prefer use no beetroot at one iteration than have worse beetroot, u know.
As i see new system all my beetroot will be same q; and i am not a lucky man, so sometimes it will just lose q. sad for me.
New system can be easily bypassed by big villages, u know, 2 minimaps or timezone, but not by me.
All my land is less than 1 minimap, so i have to stretch claim a lot or start a new claim; both is bad for defense, as nearby village can put theirs interest on me. LP wasting included. No.
Timer and time. But i play solo, and even existing timers, i have to watch on, make me sad. Also both me and my character have other things to do. No.
Mass storage for best crops to use them next time if random is extremely bad. What? more cupboards? more lag between harvested q and used q? No.

I think individual random is cool, and farming system just need to do smth with seed staking. Like stake only same substance/essence/vitality seeds, or only if u harvest them into a bucket or new special seedbag. (as for me i do not need seed stake at all, but i can understand that mass production need).
Yksare

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:12 am

Yksare wrote:But if i understood it right, u have just killed farming for casual hermits.

loftar wrote:Except for adding a bias towards higher quality, we didn't change farming tonight. The text was merely a clarification of how it has worked since the start of the world.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:14 am

Yksare wrote:lol

Did you even read the post?
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements