Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Postby doc40 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:43 am

Cauldron isn't boiling for me either. No fuel consumed either.
doc40

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 am

Ronin30 wrote:all this complaining about archery, wow as melee you run in at someone at a zig zag SO HARD OMFG

meanwhile, incoming melee is op threads once they have full armor past leather and chop for 150+ damage'

you idiots complaining about archery i can bet you just press a combat card skill and straight run at someone aiming at you :lol: :lol:

tldr: get gud archery was fine.

lol did you even try pvp archery? I don't think you even realize what made bows so bullshit.
DDDsDD999

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 am

Archery was OP in that a fresh alt with enough discovery lp to learn archery, 1 MM, and a few q20 arrows could reliably, if not every time, kill a player in full metal armor with relatively good stats and combat skills. I may not be a kambert master but there just wasn't much you could do against archery with the way it was.
TeckXKnight

Postby Ronin30 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:35 am

I'm sorry but you just have shitty movement kambertz and crap map awareness then.
Try zig zaging and then running in to use chop which will instantly break a piece of armor.
I'd like to point out I'm against arrow spam with the aim bar low.
Also, arrows will be useless endgame unless some sort of armor piercing exists. You got killed in full metal armor? You are bad.
Stop.Whining.Stop.Being.Bad.

If you press a combat card skill and just let your character auto walk to your opponent who has a bow, you can't blame the game. Sorry.
Last edited by Ronin30 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronin30

Postby mdurben » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:36 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Archery was OP in that a fresh alt with enough discovery lp to learn archery, 1 MM, and a few q20 arrows could reliably, if not every time, kill a player in full metal armor with relatively good stats and combat skills. I may not be a kambert master but there just wasn't much you could do against archery with the way it was.

Must be REALLY great if you have a green forum name and get huge amounts of extra fate curiosities and can actually afford marksmanship.
mdurben

Postby Salinn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:40 am

I'm also experiencing the no-boil clay cauldron. It's been 20 minutes so far.
My favorite post of all time:
LordHearth wrote:Much Curd
Very Cheese
So Cow

jorb wrote:The wiki is probably wrong, quite simply.
Salinn

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:42 am

mdurben wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:Archery was OP in that a fresh alt with enough discovery lp to learn archery, 1 MM, and a few q20 arrows could reliably, if not every time, kill a player in full metal armor with relatively good stats and combat skills. I may not be a kambert master but there just wasn't much you could do against archery with the way it was.

Must be REALLY great if you have a green forum name and get huge amounts of extra fate curiosities and can actually afford marksmanship.

interesting viewpoint. tell me more.
sabinati

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:44 am

sabinati wrote:interesting viewpoint. tell me more.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby LadyV » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 am

mdurben wrote:

:lol: Oh my you really don't know. Maybe one day ill tell you how I helped a moderator wandering and alone and left him in a better place than when he started.
LadyV

Postby bmjclark » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:49 am

Ronin30 wrote:
tldr: get gud archery was fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you're serious? Good luck zig zagging an instant kill in melee range because you literally didn't even have to charge a shot at all in melee range. You could click shoot, and double click the enemy portrait if they were in melee range and instantly kill him without ever seeing the aim bar. It was completely and totally broken.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements