Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Postby Teleskop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:32 am

Does the main colour (the brown plank texture) dependant on what type of wood you use or is it unchangable
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby LadyV » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

Mechanic Clarifications
-----------------------
Each batch of a crop which is planted in the same area (roughly two minimaps), time (roughly five hours), and of the same type(carrots, peas, barley, &c), will be given the same random quality modification uniformly, and planted tiles of that batch will thus all have their qualities affected in the same way. This was intended to reduce what we perceived as the simple hassle of having to inspect each seed stack individually, and then perform the rather boring operation of simply selecting the best one. If you wish to maintain different crop "strains" -- presumably to have more samples with different random seeds to select from when replanting -- you may do that by planting several different fields at distances in time or space. We are not entirely sure how farming and potential crop selection should ideally work to be the most fun and engaging. Feel free to discuss.

Not a fan of this at all. If I want seed diversity I have to create separate groups of two just to get different group that trend up. If I mass group they have the same q. So if one trend down they all do due to being adjacent. Honestly give me seed sorting i much rather have consistency than this. Even with its annoyances. :(
LadyV

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 pm

I like the convenience of the current system.

I think the tweak that would improve this for quality farmers (so they don't need to have separate farm plots) is a simple and I daresay natural mechanic:

Manure.
If you plant a crop, then apply manure, it changes the random seed for that crop only.

Manure is produced by animals and deposited directly on the ground. If it isn't picked up, it simply decays.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I like the convenience of the current system.

I think the tweak that would improve this for quality farmers (so they don't need to have separate farm plots) is a simple and I daresay natural mechanic:

Manure.
If you plant a crop, then apply manure, it changes the random seed for that crop only.

Manure is produced by animals and deposited directly on the ground. If it isn't picked up, it simply decays.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=42762

We're discussing exactly that concept as a suggestion :D
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby FireFox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

On some level I think we all know that we were having a wee bit too much fun, and thus archery damage now scales by the square of the aim-meter.

So I won't get any damage boost from high quality arrows and bow?
Cause I really can't see any difference between 10q and 20q arrows now...
FireFox

Postby mamotromico » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:58 pm

FireFox wrote:
On some level I think we all know that we were having a wee bit too much fun, and thus archery damage now scales by the square of the aim-meter.

So I won't get any damage boost from high quality arrows and bow?
Cause I really can't see any difference between 10q and 20q arrows now...

Yes you get, you max damage is still defined by the arrows/bow, but the damage you cause is scaled down if you bar is not full.
mamotromico

Postby jaguar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:04 pm

What accuracy is caused by?
jaguar

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:05 am

jaguar wrote:What accuracy is caused by?

The speed your meter goes up is affected by your MM, how far away you are, if the target is moving, etc.
Whether you actually hit is weird. With the new shooting mechanics, it's based on like a cone, so if someone is very far away, being blocked by something or moving, you're unlikely to hit them unless you have really high MM no matter what your bar looks like. That being said, you can also shoot someone 100% of the time with any MM at melee range, which is why it's broken rn.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby FireFox » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:35 am

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:That being said, you can also shoot someone 100% of the time with any MM at melee range, which is why it's broken rn.

But you can't shoot anything with 100% chance from 2-3 tiles already. I missed 10 times in a row shooting from 5 tiles. Missed 5 times in a row from 2 tiles. I was also able to miss shots from melee range...
I really hate archery mechanics for the moment cause It's affected only by random.
FireFox

Postby Necroliter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:19 am

FireFox wrote:
Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:That being said, you can also shoot someone 100% of the time with any MM at melee range, which is why it's broken rn.

But you can't shoot anything with 100% chance from 2-3 tiles already. I missed 10 times in a row shooting from 5 tiles. Missed 5 times in a row from 2 tiles. I was also able to miss shots from melee range...
I really hate archery mechanics for the moment cause It's affected only by random.

I can reliably shoot from 5 tiles away with 15 MM. Usually 4 out of 5 hits the target. I suggest to scroll camera as close as possible and look directly at the target when you aim your shot.
Necroliter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements