Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spit'n'Polish

Postby burgingham » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:37 am

jaguar wrote:Ore should be new? :shock:

Chance to smelt bars is determined when you mine it. So if you mined ore before the new skills were implemented you still get the old ratios.
burgingham

Postby Marksman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:57 am

pestilence wrote:This is result of smelting iron ochre with all metallurgical skills. I did six attempts and got 0-2 bars in each. There is no difference with old smelting, skills do not add anything. WTF?

After night crashes we found same problem with ore and bloom. 9 smelter - 1 bar, 12 blooms - 1 wrought.
I hope that it was only our bad night's luck and not reverse server's version.
Marksman

Postby Kaios » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:03 pm

You guys are having bad luck or you don't have the skills you need/using ore before you had them. I'm still getting a decent yield from smelters and just did a few rounds of wrought getting 7, 5 and 6 bloom with 5/7, 3/5 and 5/6 going wrought.
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:51 pm

jaguar wrote:May be there is some bug? Did somebody noticed that when you try to destroy object you can't hit it until you scroll camera closer?

I think it's more getting used to where the point of the pointer is. I noticed it's the tip of the pick icon , not the end of the handle like previous versions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby g1real » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
jaguar wrote:May be there is some bug? Did somebody noticed that when you try to destroy object you can't hit it until you scroll camera closer?

I think it's more getting used to where the point of the pointer is. I noticed it's the tip of the pick icon , not the end of the handle like previous versions.

Maybe it is just that, but I think something is severely fucked with cursor hit detection sometimes. Someone made a bug report about the character sheet window still being there even when it's closed and that's blocking the UI from working on that part of the screen, so maybe it's that, but the amount of times I have to adjust my camera angle just to interact with something are uncountable at this point. Gives me a lot of grief, honestly.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Necroliter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:23 am

g1real wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Maybe it is just that, but I think something is severely fucked with cursor hit detection sometimes. Someone made a bug report about the character sheet window still being there even when it's closed and that's blocking the UI from working on that part of the screen, so maybe it's that, but the amount of times I have to adjust my camera angle just to interact with something are uncountable at this point. Gives me a lot of grief, honestly.

Bug with invisible UI already fixed.
Necroliter

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:17 am

Kaios wrote:You guys are having bad luck or you don't have the skills you need/using ore before you had them. I'm still getting a decent yield from smelters and just did a few rounds of wrought getting 7, 5 and 6 bloom with 5/7, 3/5 and 5/6 going wrought.

Have mined fresh ore, good result with putting it directly into the smelter.
Putting it in a stockpile for some time (most likely over area unload) seems to make it forget that i mined it with the skills.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:50 am

Granger wrote:Putting it in a stockpile for some time (most likely over area unload) seems to make it forget that i mined it with the skills.

That should certainly not be the case.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:23 am

jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Putting it in a stockpile for some time (most likely over area unload) seems to make it forget that i mined it with the skills.

That should certainly not be the case.

Yes, but it seemed like it.
Fresh (= with skills) mined ore from chest gave 4-5 bars per smelter, letting it sit in a stockpile over server restart gave 1-2 bars.
Will repeat the experiment next time i find time to play.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Poger » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Just can't get used to this bow nerf. Now animals are again trains, that just run over you when you are accidentally on the rails. I know world is supposed to be deadle, but game should also be fun. Machinearrowing was stupid, true. Yet this is overshot. I guess bow should have massive damage reduction on red, yet normal damage afterwards. Scaling as we have it now reduced the possible damage by half, or even more. I'm a goddamn human being, I'm not a victim of the animals. I'm the smartest and most cunning of 'em. I reshape world as I please.
Poger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements