Game Development: Musical Qualities

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Qualities

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:17 pm

loftar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:These are all workstations and buildings where quality doesn't matter.

It should perhaps be noted, though, that some objects have quality even though it doesn't matter (at least yet), just like it is for some inventory items. Bee skeps built since last week, for instance, do have quality, but it doesn't matter.

Just to avoid the impression that every object that has quality uses it.

Semi-unrelated to that, did chicken coop stop plummeting hen/cock qualities?
Whisper

Postby loftar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Whisper wrote:Semi-unrelated to that, did chicken coop stop plummeting hen/cock qualities?

jorb wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:Worth a try asking, but has the quality bug for chickens been fixed yet?

We looked at it but couldn't seem to reproduce the problem in testing. I stickied it and made a bunch of requests for more info.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ubersheva2 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 pm

b b b d j b d j b
X X X D j g d j b
ubersheva2

Postby kaka » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:32 pm

mipmiopin wrote:Is it possible to make so, that making some sound combinations start playing the old HnH's tracks by Kaka?

A la Ocarina of Time. That'd be cool.
kaka

Postby Galthon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:24 am

Does Inspect round up to the nearest whole? Asking because my tea leaves, which are harvested off of transplanted wild bushes, and thus (10/10/10) are coming out (10/9/10), but inspect reports a table quality of (11/10/11).
Galthon

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 am

Galthon wrote:Does Inspect round up to the nearest whole? Asking because my tea leaves, which are harvested off of transplanted wild bushes, and thus (10/10/10) are coming out (10/9/10), but inspect reports a table quality of (11/10/11).

There's no rounding taking place in presentation. Qualities are always stored as whole numbers, and rounding only happens when they are changed by various processes. That does sound weird, though. I'll try to reproduce and see.
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:28 am

mipmiopin wrote:Is it possible to make so, that making some sound combinations start playing the old HnH's tracks by Kaka?

Well, the main thing is that that music was MIDI music, and trying to play them through System MIDI had various complications, and for that reason I'm not too keen to move back to it. I've considered making my own synthesizer, but until such time as I do that, I think they will have to lie fallow.
loftar

Postby Darruin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:02 am

Metal axe is now more stamina efficient than the stone axe when chopping down trees.

Doesn't feel like it. Still takes me roughly 3 stam bars to chop a tree with the metal axe.
Darruin

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:43 am

Darruin wrote:
Metal axe is now more stamina efficient than the stone axe when chopping down trees.

Doesn't feel like it. Still takes me roughly 3 stam bars to chop a tree with the metal axe.

Same. Might be more like 2.5 bars, but pretty unnoticeable.
DDDsDD999

Postby Kaios » Wed May 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Since someone bumped this anyways,

loftar wrote:

Well, the main thing is that that music was MIDI music, and trying to play them through System MIDI had various complications, and for that reason I'm not too keen to move back to it. I've considered making my own synthesizer, but until such time as I do that, I think they will have to lie fallow.

Where can I get these MIDIs?
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements