Game Development: Musical Qualities

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Qualities

Postby Gotrek64 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:43 am

DaniAngione wrote:Oh, by the way... is this system in any form similar (in terms of functionality) to the music system in LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online)?
It plays similarly and the neat thing about LOTRO is that the notes are translated by the code from 'midi' notes - so the game can read ABC music files (which are basically MIDI sheets)

Is it the same? Could Haven (through official implementation or client modding) read an ABC file and play it in the game?

EDIT:
Just for clarification; of course I know it's not the same system. I meant the way it works, by translating midi notes (input) and playing proper, nicer sounds (output)

This please oh please oh please allow game to read abc files would allow some of us who don't have a musical background to play music in game and allows others to share their expertise with music by writing it. Starbound and lotro share the same feature being able to read abc format.

Would be great to have an alt just sit in our village and play a *certain* song
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:51 am

Granger wrote:Can we have a mechanic detecting disharmonic songs/random notes that allows scentless attacking the perpetrator torturing us with it? Asking since i always felt like wanting to kill neighbors daughter when she practiced flute for school (because she sucked at it and the noise was terrible).

you'll need to define what harmony is better for the tone deaf and those of different cultures that use something other than the Major and Minor scales. Then again, those that are tone deaf probably shouldn't be playing music. As my Sunday School teacher taught me, all should make a joyful noise unto the Lord, no matter how terrible you might sound (it's payback for having a terrible voice).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 am

Thanks for the update, it completely changed the game for me. I hope you keep adding instruments!

Not that relevant an issue, and it's solvable on our side too, but maybe using 12345678 keys instead of the current ones would make it less awkward for people with other keyboards, such as the German YXCVB.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:07 am

I'll buy the hat when you add in ceramic meat grinder
RickyP602

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:01 am

oh, and please make that updates hat a sausage hat!
RickyP602

Postby Hasta » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 am

Why oh why couldn't you make it at least 2 octaves... =( Desperately need more. Mastering my "hava nagila" meanwhile.
Hasta

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 am

Hasta wrote:Why oh why couldn't you make it at least 2 octaves... =( Desperately need more. Mastering my "hava nagila" meanwhile.

ctrl and shift
sabinati

Postby ubersheva » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:46 am

Bee Skep, Chicken Coop, Trelis, Food Trough yield no results when being inspected.
ubersheva

Postby ubersheva » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:48 am

ubersheva wrote:Bee Skep, Chicken Coop, Trelis, Food Trough yield no results when being inspected.

also quern and drying frame.
ubersheva

Postby Tacheron » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 am

sabinati wrote:
Hasta wrote:Why oh why couldn't you make it at least 2 octaves... =( Desperately need more. Mastering my "hava nagila" meanwhile.

ctrl and shift

Not really practical as 2 octaves though, plus we could have 6 that way :D
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements