Game Development: Steady Drumbeat of Progress

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Steady Drumbeat of Progress

Postby g1real » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 am

venatorvenator wrote:
loftar wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:I have to switch to an English keyboard while playing.

Yeah, I know it's less than optimal, but I honestly don't really know what to do about it. I'm not aware of any method to fetch the physical locations of keys (at least not since I wrote DOS games). If anyone knows a useful method, feel free to tell me about it.

I|m not complaining actuallz. If it|s easier for me to solve this than it is for zou then there|s reallz nothing for me to whine about. It|s just weird sometimes.

Germany should stop being so assbackwards with its keyboard layout anyway. Your glorious western neighbours have the US-international layout too.

Edit: What I meant to also post was that you can set shortcut keybinds in the language settings control panel on windows to switch between international US and german layouts.

psh just get an international keyboard.
Last edited by g1real on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Serbuch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 am

MOAR restarts , im cheking my 2 swamp after each restart , got 15 candleberry already :D
need mo-o-o-ore restart
Serbuch

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:19 am

Gotrek64 wrote:Is it just me or does ctrl right+clicking dirt no longer level low tile vertices to high tile vertices anymore?

Is it just me, or did I write this in the patch notes? Hold down shift.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood. You are indeed right in that ctrl+rightclicking no longer works as previously. Shift+Ctrl+Right-click instead.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Gotrek64 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:25 am

jorb wrote:
Gotrek64 wrote:Is it just me or does ctrl right+clicking dirt no longer level low tile vertices to high tile vertices anymore?

Is it just me, or did I write this in the patch notes? Hold down shift.

Negative holding shift manualy levels a vertice up 1 level. Before the patch you could hold ctrl to level lower vertices to the highest vertice.
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby venatorvenator » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:26 am

g1real wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:
loftar wrote:Yeah, I know it's less than optimal, but I honestly don't really know what to do about it. I'm not aware of any method to fetch the physical locations of keys (at least not since I wrote DOS games). If anyone knows a useful method, feel free to tell me about it.

I|m not complaining actuallz. If it|s easier for me to solve this than it is for zou then there|s reallz nothing for me to whine about. It|s just weird sometimes.

Germany should stop being so assbackwards with its keyboard layout anyway. Your glorious western neighbours have the US-international layout too.

Edit: What I meant to also post was that you can set shortcut keybinds in the language settings control panel on windows to switch between international US and german layouts.

psh just get an international keyboard.

That's what I do but when you're in the heat of a solo and someone talks to you you have to change the settings back and forth and then the magic is lost.

It's not important, I was being dramatic; that's the least of our musical problems. The octave changing switchs are the real issue, we should use three or four keyboard rows for epic'er performances, not just one.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 am

Gotrek64 wrote:Negative holding shift manualy levels a vertice up 1 level. Before the patch you could hold ctrl to level lower vertices to the highest vertice.

Yes, that's what Shift-Rightclicking used to do. Shift-Ctrl-Rightclicking also still works. It is simply the non-shift variants that have been removed.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Gotrek64 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:32 am

loftar wrote:
Gotrek64 wrote:Negative holding shift manualy levels a vertice up 1 level. Before the patch you could hold ctrl to level lower vertices to the highest vertice.

Yes, that's what Shift-Rightclicking used to do. Shift-Ctrl-Rightclicking also still works. It is simply the non-shift variants that have been removed.

Thank you loftar
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:04 am

loftar wrote:

Yeah, I know it's less than optimal, but I honestly don't really know what to do about it. I'm not aware of any method to fetch the physical locations of keys (at least not since I wrote DOS games). If anyone knows a useful method, feel free to tell me about it.

keyboard layout selector in the options menu
or full-on customization for key mapping
sabinati

Postby blazsword » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:21 am

sabinati wrote:
loftar wrote:

keyboard layout selector in the options menu
or full-on customization for key mapping

I want this too!
Thank you SacreDoom for the awesome profile picture you made!
blazsword

Postby LadyV » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:28 am

Looks like you found the beat. :P Good job!
LadyV

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements